• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Back when Rangers was announced...

Elizar

Beyond the rim
Well, back when I was watching b5 on Scifi, a thing said "Be in the movie Contest." It was the first talk to Legend of the Rangers. Well, as soon as I saw that, I typed in www.legendoftherangers.com in the little address box thingy. A page came up that said "Under construction" And it said that clear to the showing of the movie and after. Today I tried it again, and it can't find the site. Did anyone else ever try to go there?

Unless I'm completely mistaken, wasn't the domain name registered by JMS back then? I don't think there ever was a site with content for it though... I'd guess the name was just registered in case a series had followed.

In any case, the domain name is now available for registration. (I just checked.)

I dunno, I never tried that URL but just to nitpick a little here ... the contest was to have a character named after you not to actually be in the movie. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Yes, but it was called, "B5: Be in the Movie Contest" Even though you would only have your name put in at the rank of a Captain.

... with the assurance said character would get killed. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I remember that contest ... hell, when I saw the ad I was like "Holy *%#^!!! New B5!" The contest was only secondary. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I imagine said character was David's CO at the beginning?

Ah, that was the infamous Captain Cregg who was killed off in the first minute or so (fortunately, I would say, since the actor seemed kind of wooden).

Up for registration?

Ahh, but I still have my vain hopes.

But if a series were to be announced, it would definitely clash with my upcoming fanfic, uh, thing. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Rangers Redux.

Or, Channe goes about attempting to answer in a very bad way all the questions that they proposed in the pilot but never actually got around to answering because Sci-Fi never picked up the series.

It's not turning out the way I wanted it to, but it's not that bad.

It promises to be interesting. Very interesting, if any of your previous stories (especially the one with the sandwitch /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif) are to be trusted.

I hope that you will (pretty please) tell us...
...when something nears readyness?

Of course. I'm thinking a week or two - but don't quote me on that.

I'm still figuring out the arc.

The fact that you remembered "Spoo and Rye (In Medlab)" is to be commended, especially since I forgot about it entirely and would have been in for a surprise today, did I not locate it on my hard drive last night. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

channe ... hurry up and write and display this ... keep me from developing my own ideas that have been trying to creep up this past week ... damnit, I have too many stories already and not a fast enough typing speed! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

You got it, Loadhan.

*evil grin*

Tomorrow. The first episode. Or as much of it as I've written. I'm still figuring out the arc.

Warning: this will not be great literature. But it will be fun, and I hope, surprising. We'll see. Drum roll please.

Ahh, writing again, is ya?

Is that going to be posted on your website?

ps. Get well soon, I just saw the thread about your accident.

Hey, Obsessed, good to hear from you!

Yeah. I'm always writing. You can't keep me away from it. If necessary, I will scratch on rocks.

It'll be up on my site, as soon as I can get it running... again.

Thanks. My back still hurts, but I'm spry as a youngster again. Oh, wait, I am a youngster...

I've been debating on writing a fanfic that has characters from all 3 B5 areas, Rangers, Crusade, and B5 itself. I am not quite sure where to start and what to have in the story. But if I ever get around to attempting to write it, I will put it up in the fanfic and books forum at my message board. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I'm rationalizing this fanfic (first part is up) by saying that after a while, it won't really be a fanfic, since I have to actually take these characters further than they were delinated in the pilot... hmm...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back