• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5: I've Found Her-- Screenshots

samuelk

Babylon 5: I\'ve Found Her-- Screenshots

Some of you may be following the progress of a Babylon 5 Freeware game called "I've Found Her". This freeware game is being written from scratch (brand new game engine, physics engine, etc.) by some very talented B5 fans.

The latest bit of work on this game was posted by Henrik, one of the developers:

Here's a screenshot of a Hyperion being attacked -- notice the debris that used to be a gun turret:

http://www.student.bth.se/~t98hno/hyp09.jpg

You can see more screenshots here. The last three screenshots on this page are the latest, showing the cool damage model.

You can keep an eye on this sim at the game's homepage.

Enjoy!

Sam K.
FirstOnes.com Newsie

Re: Babylon 5: I\'ve Found Her-- Screenshots

So what is the significance of "I've Found Her" ?

The only thing I can think of was Sinclair's quote in that comic book "In Valens Name" which leads you to believe he found Saki in the past.

What does it mean in this game though?

-----

Side note: Hey, KoshN. See how easy it is to make CGI for B5 stuff! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Only the developers know the significance of the title. It's anybody's guess.

The game takes place a few years before B5 was constructed.

Ouch, that image is sooo big. Why not just post a link instead of putting the image in the thread?

Beautiful.

Many thanks and best wishes to the developers, hoping that their efforts succeed. Building something as complex and interesting with such limited resources... is just incredible. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Unfortunately my specialty is too far away from games to contribute in any manner. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif But should IFH finally be released, I must really reconsider my long vacation from computer games (two years by now). Because that one looks worth examining in every detail.

it looks great so far, and i love Hyperions, though by today's (2267's) standards, they suck, if i had lightwave... offtopic, sorry. Looks great, and am waiting to download it when it's ready, they have some demo's up at that site, i'll get the links.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Recoil: </font color>
Side note: Hey, KoshN. See how easy it is to make CGI for B5 stuff! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

[/quote]

B5 fans who are Lightwave (and other 3D modelling/animation software) enthusiasts have been making and perfecting their own models for many years, ever since B5 first aired. This work is not to be minimized. It's not easy. These people did a lot of work to get their models to the point where they are today. I'm just saying....they deserve a lot of credit. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The hardest part about making CGI models for games is keeping the polygon counts low while still keeping the look of the original show model. You can make the polygon counts pretty low if you've got good textures.

Yes, if you're making a CGI model for a TV show, you could go for a higher polygon count because you're doing some predetermined scenes that are a few seconds long, and you can do the rendering on machines that are much better than the minimum setup that the game has to run on.

With the game, you could be playing for hours, and it all has to be able to react in real time.

I don't quite no what to think of this project. Is there a fanfic story that goes along with it? If so...I don't know if I like it. I'm not a big fan of fan-fic. I'm not totally against it, provided it doesn't do anything with the storyline or characters. If it's unfamiliar characters that don't affect the storyline in any way, that's cool. But I just don't like fans going and messing with people's work. Oh well. Just my opinion. People can do what they want

My opinion does not necessarily overlap with yours, but that question might be irrelevant for both of us... as I've heard that the backstory takes place some years before the station was built. That would mean pretty minimal interaction with the televised storyline.

hey, I love fanfiction, as long as it doesn't go against anything stated in the show, i don't care about the books when it comes to fanfic, and if it contradicts the show, just make it an AU/AR fic. (alternate universe/alternate reality)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If it's unfamiliar characters that don't affect the storyline in any way, that's cool.

[/quote]

That's pretty much it, as far as I know.

Keep in mind that the demos aren't representative of gameplay. They're quite old.

In effect, no demo has been released, just an alpha version where you get to shoot 3 raider ships. The people at the IFH board have been begging for a demo for many months, their patience renewed only by the occasional screenshot by Henrik or Renderer. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Is the text for the game only in English?
Has it been designed to be easy to replace any written instructions with text in a different language? Possibly by placing all the text in a separate area and simply including a string number in the main code.

Can any speech be translated using a similar technique?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back