• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 DVDs

gah, not even sure if we're going to get any B5 dvds here in the philippines >.<. you guys are lucky :p! man, i could even walk to a video store down here and ask "do you have the babylon 5 season 1 dvds?" and they'd probably be like "baby-what?! tower of babel what?" o_O...

JMS has already confirmed that MIchael O'Hare will not be involved in this Newsgroup Posting.
i agree with Nancy that that's such a bummer @.@. i'm currently in S1 and i've grown accustomed to have ol' cap'n sinclair manning b5. too bad he doesn't last for that long :(.

I suppose that ordering the DVDs online is out of the question, too? What region is the Philippines in, anyway? 5?

Hopefully you'll get them at some point though... no one should be deprived of G'Kar in all his digital glory. ;)

i could even walk to a video store down here and ask "do you have the babylon 5 season 1 dvds?" and they'd probably be like "baby-what?! tower of babel what?" o_O...

You'd get pretty much the same reaction in most video stores in the States, as well. :) It isn't as though B5 is a household word around here.

The Philipines are in Region 3, which covers Southeast Asia and East Asia. I don't have any information about R3 releases. If you have a multi-region player (common outside the U.S.) you should be able to make do with any of the PAL versions - R2 (The U.K. or German editions, for instance) or R4 (Australia, New Zealand.)

Regards,

Joe

thanks, joe ^_^! and yeah...the dvd players sold down here in the philippines only play r3 dvds x.x!!! i guess i won't have any problems purchasing the r1 dvds though since my ps2 is capable of playing those :). thanks for the help. looks like the only way i could get my hands on the season 1 eps is to order it online or sumthin o_O

Can the R3 DVD players be set to play other regions by typing the correct sequence on the remore control. R2 players can, the numbers are on the internet.

I suspect that R3 players may be R2 players preset to R3 mode, this would make them cheap to make.

As far as I know, all players are *basically* multiregional, they're just preset to the relevant region at the factory. With some manufacturers and some models, the preset region change is just made "harder" than others - on a lot of models, you can indeed just change the region with the remote control while some take a professional's help to modify it and with some, it's either impossible or so difficult that it's not worth it.

This site might be worth taking a look at, to see if your player can be modified, if you're so inclined. (I'm providing the link as there is nothing strictly illegal about player modification, at least not in most countries - region codes are not set by law after all.)

But if your PS2 can play region 1 DVDs then yeah, buying the DVDs online might be the best way to go about getting them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back