• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 short stories...

They were intriguing, all partly humorous, Halloween-related and they involved Kosh in innovative and efficient manner. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To say it shortly, I liked them. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I liked the stories and think you should post them regardless of if they made the top three or not. More contests for sure! I'd have entered one if I'd had time to write one, so maybe I can get in on the next one, assuming you have another one.

Hey Ant, they were great, and it was fun being in the contest. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As you know, a few people wanted to see my entry. But since I didn't make myself a copy, I can't post it. If you post any of the non-winning stories, you could post mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All three were very good. I enjoyed reading each of them. Certainly better than my effort. Oh, well.

I really liked the idea of Kosh going "Boo" - it amused me for quite a while. Such an incongruous image.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, that is pretty funny. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

In my story I had Kosh talking in Pig Latin and singing the Monster Mash song. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The stories were very good, I enjoyed all three very much. Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

u know, I thought I would at least recognize the winner's name(s) but it looks like they used their real names...whats up with that>????

Yeah, that confused me as well. I am dying to know if any of the three are regular posters who we all know and love.

The third story had the neatest ideas, particularly referencing the bluff about the plant in G'Kar from the pilot, but the typos and grammar made it hard to read.

And yes, Kosh saying "Boo" was very cool.

The stories were great, I especially like Kosh saying "Boo", I didn't expect that. I thought it was going to be Londo. Anyways, congradulations to everyone, all the stories were great.
I'd also like to know who the authors are though.

I'm slightly put out that I didn't win, but hey, I threw my entry together in about an hour; not exactly quality workmanship.

I think I liked the one with the various Vorlon impersonators the best. The Vorlon versions of "trick or treat" were great.

The "boo" seems slightly out of character... but that makes it all the cooler, doesn't it? Somehow I really think Kosh would have gotten into Hallowe'en. I have no clue why, it just seems like him somehow. Maybe it's because he's always in costume.

The stories were good. The *boo* was an amusing twist, but I also liked Gkar's comment confirming that a child dressed as a Centauri is a legitimate halloween costume ... totally in character I thought, and reminiscent of their early banter before the shadow war.

Definately think you should run another competition, for Christmas maybe .... if Londo dyed his hedwig and put it on his chin, he'd make an interesting St. Nick.

It was my intent to have the story set in 2258, or the first season, precisely so that Londo and G'kar could mix it up a bit. The "Commander" may seem out of place, but it's just a quicker way of saying Lt. Commander, so I wouldn't consider that a boo boo, just a natural oversight in favor of getting to the point.

And about Kosh, yes it was defenitly a step out of character, hence the title.

>!<
RADAR

Hi Radar. Do hang around the board. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif You're a celebrity now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Could do an Xmas one... the site owner's hatred of Xmas may hinder that plan though. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Why do you hate Christmas? Do a winter solstice story contest then. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, when the grand pooh-bah asks you to hang around, how can one refuse?

I too care little for Christmas, but that time of year is bulging with story opportunities. There is a lot that can happen when the biggest earth holiday meets the alien ambassadors.

It's an opportunity for deeper, more meaningful stories, unfortunately that usually means longer ones <g>. However, some of the most powerful stories are the simplest. Might be interesting to consider.

On the other hand, if someone else wins a christmas story, I won't be famous anymore...I'll be a has been!!

Nevermind, poo poo on a Christmas story. <g>

>!<
RADAR

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back