• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 Movie Marothon JUNE 2

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

everyone here who has viewed my major posts knows that my primary goal on this and other boards is the renewal of Crusade, though recent events may seem to indicate that we will not have Crusade back anytime in the emmediate future, i still hold out hope.
my hope was renewed a few weeks ago when i caught wind of news that there was to be a B5 Movie Marathon on June 2, there is no better chance to show your support for B5 and the renewal of Crusade, the beginning of Rangers, or any other B5 story on television. even those of you without neilson boxes, i urge to sit down and watch the movie marathon from beginning to end, no Tivo, and no falling asleep through a river of souls, i for one will be watching the whole marathon in support of B5, there is no better way, there is no other way, at this point. i will be following up this marathon with a continued letter writing campaign, i certainly hope those of you who have not lost hope will do the same. thank you.

Sci-Fi sent this out.

----- Original Message -----
To: "All Members" <members@www.scifi.com>
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:06 PM
Subject: Watch Five Babylon 5 Movies!

> SCIFI.COM SPECIAL NEWS UPDATE!
>
> * SCI FI ONAIR: -BABYLON 5- MOVIE MARATHON
> http://www.scifi.com/onair/movies/
> Sunday, June 2, 1PM ET/PT to 11PM ET/PT
> -----------
> It's an all-day -BABYLON 5- fest when SCI FI presents five -B5-
> movies in widescreen! First up is the flashback "origin story,"
> -IN THE BEGINNING-. Next up: -THIRDSPACE-, guest-starring SHARI
> BELAFONTE and cult-fave CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN; -THE RIVER OF SOULS-,
> guest-starring MARTIN SHEEN; -A CALL TO ARMS,- bridging -B5- and
> the sequel series -CRUSADE-, and wrapping it up at 9PM is the SCI FI
> PICTURES Original, -THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS-. Go five for -5-!

You gotta be kidding! It's inhuman to think that people can make it through a showing of River of Souls without falling asleep! Sigh..time to get some Jolt.

Someone mentioned a long time ago that the Sci-Fi channel tends to run these "marathons" for series that it won't be showing for much longer.

Is this the end of B5's run on Sci-Fi? It has been around for awhile, I admit. But I'd miss my daily dose of B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hypatia:
<font color=yellow>Someone mentioned a long time ago that the Sci-Fi channel tends to run these "marathons" for series that it won't be showing for much longer.

Is this the end of B5's run on Sci-Fi? It has been around for awhile, I admit. But I'd miss my daily dose of B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

If that were true, it would mean that Farscape's in real trouble. Didn't they just have a 23 hour marathon?

Don't look for a dark lining in the only fair weather clouds we currently have. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I agree with KoshN on this, this is just a fan appeal thing they're trying to do, maybe they got all our letters afterall.

<font color=yellow>But I'd miss my daily dose of B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I lost my daily dose of B5 when they moved it to 5pm EST. I dont get home until 7pm EST, which was when it used to air. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

<font color=yellow>Someone mentioned a long time ago that the Sci-Fi channel tends to run these "marathons" for series that it won't be showing for much longer.

Is this the end of B5's run on Sci-Fi? It has been around for awhile, I admit. But I'd miss my daily dose of B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That's why when I started to like B5, I taped it. I've taped every episode and all of the movies. This way, if they ever get stupid and take it off, I'll always have it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Talathanar:
<font color=yellow>You gotta be kidding! It's inhuman to think that people can make it through a showing of River of Souls without falling asleep! Sigh..time to get some Jolt.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

How could you not like River of Souls? It was a good movie. I'm not sure why it wasn't put into book form, like the other movies, but it was a good movie.

KoshN, I got that same e-mail from Scifi. It made me excited as heck! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<yawn> rivver of souls <\yawn>

had some good bits, but overal <yawn>
lol - still, it is Babylon 5!! - yay /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
lol

<font color=yellow>No VCR, huh? That's too bad. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

The thing is, if you already have it on tape (or LD or DVD), there's no sense of urgency to see it that day, and you'll put it off and/or not maintain a steady schedule. However, if it's on at a regular time when you can be available to see it, it's easy to make time for one episode per day, and keep to a regular schedule. The fact that someone else is airing it, sort of pulls you along with the current.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Talathanar:
<font color=yellow>You gotta be kidding! It's inhuman to think that people can make it through a showing of River of Souls without falling asleep! Sigh..time to get some Jolt.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Actually, "The River of Souls" contains some of my favorite Lochley scenes. Also, any movie that has Garibaldi can't be all bad.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elizar:
<font color=yellow>How could you not like River of Souls? It was a good movie. I'm not sure why it wasn't put into book form, like the other movies, but it was a good movie.

</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Results of a search at JMS News
http://makeashorterlink.com/?B3F521AF

07/29/1998 River of Souls
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K5D516AF

12/19/1999 River Souls Novel
<a target="_blank" href=http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2C551AF>http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2C551AF</a>

River of Souls is good, but it has some boring parts in it, that's when we take our 5 minute naps.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Actually, "The River of Souls" contains some of my favorite Lochley scenes. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Hmm, would you care to describe what Lochley is wearing in those favourite scenes? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>Hmm, would you care to describe what Lochley is wearing in those favourite scenes? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Yeah, her EA Uniform. They were the reprogrammed Love Bat scenes with the lawyer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<u>Love Bat:</u>
<ul type="square">
[*]Bam! "Nobody likes me."
[*]Bam! "I'm an idiot!"
[*]Bam! "My Mommy dresses me funny."
[/list]

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Hi There.All we can do is keep the petitions etc going ,and hope someone with a brain at Scifi realises it would be a
popular series!!!!!! Colin.

What petitions? Got URLs?

I think I'll write to Sci-Fi today to again ask them to re-start Crusade. After all, who knows how long Gary Cole's new series will last?

I don't know, but maybe we are being a bit too hard on Sci-Fi channel. After all, it was never a mystery tht they were looking for really great ratings on the Legend of the Rangers.

As far as moving away from "space" themes and more towards horror and such: I may hate the idea, but I bet they get good ratings from tht stuff. Not to mention it might be cheaper to produce than a "space" show.

After all, they are not a charity, but a buisness.

On the other hand, I can always hope they don't get the ratings they want from their new programming. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=yellow>I don't know, but maybe we are being a bit too hard on Sci-Fi channel. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, I changed my post completely because I thought I was being too cynical (as if that's possible after the 04/02/2002 Press Releases).

<font color=yellow>As far as moving away from "space" themes and more towards horror and such: I may hate the idea, but I bet they get good ratings from tht stuff. Not to mention it might be cheaper to produce than a "space" show.

After all, they are not a charity, but a buisness. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Correct. They're a business that's moving away from some of their core programming. Crusade is a shoe-in to be on their channel. If they can't see that, and want to veer away from new B5 shows, and want to air cheap, Grade Z stuff in it's place like their "Alternate Reality TV" junk (to fill their schedule hours) there goes my interest in watching their channel.

I'd rather that they aired quality stuff 8 hours per day, than 1 or 2 good shows and junk the other 22 or 23 hours per day.

Agreed. I know I'm also one who is probably not in their target audience, but when/if they stop playing the B5 reruns, I'll really have no reason at all to watch Sci-Fi.

And I don't spend money on commercial tapes or DVD's, so WB doesn't really care about me either. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

It just kills me that the one station that had the most potential in my mind a year or two ago will now probably end up a station that I watch only once a year or so if they have a particularly interesting mini-series.

Back