• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 character strings

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I don't think we should consider the poor bloke dead yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, I forgot. Guess I became "unstuck in time" (or at least "unstuck in the timeline".
wink.gif
)

Still, it seems unlikely that Todd's character could become involved with Rangers on a mission a year or less before ACtA. He's an EarthForce officer primarily assigned to Earth-controlled space (I would assume most of the fleet is restricted to Earth-controlled areas, since the IA has taken over the security function they performed for many of the members of the old League.) I don't think he'd have much ocassion to bump into a Ranger covert-intelligence team operating largely on the fringes of Alliance space.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Oh, no, Joe D has slipped off into the chronosynclastic infindibulum!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jade Jaguar:
Oh, no, Joe D has slipped off into the chronosynclastic infindibulum!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The what now?
crazy.gif

I think someone here keeps a thesaurus by their computer
smile.gif

------------------
"Wild Dog! Why's it taking you so long to get ridda them?"
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

The chronosynclastic infindibulum was in Kurt Vonnegut's Between Time And Timbuktu, and I interpreted it to mean space time continuum. I doubt that it is in a thesaurus, but I do have webster's bookmarked on the computers I use most at work. Just poking a little fun at Joe D for one of his rare oversights or slipups.
laugh.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Now if Claudia made an appearance in Rangers, that would be cool! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Frankly I wouldnt be that excited to see B5 cast members making appearances in Rangers. Maybe once a season or something, but I would rather the show stand on its own instead of having it saturated with B5 guest appearances.

What makes you say that? Its not like all the Rangers see the big boss every day. There is a chain of command that is followed. I imagine that the folks on the Liandra are a few levels below Delenn, and she is busy with other affairs of the ISA.

Well like I said, in MY opinion, too much origial B5 cast in Rangers would be VERY bad. They need to stand on their own and take the show in its own direction. One or two guest appearances over the course of the series would be kind of a nostalgic touch, and would be well received. But if every 3-4 episodes a different B5 cast member pops in, it would get tiring. JMS knows better too, he has made comments as to saying if things dont truly serve the story, they wont be done. I guess I am just not looking forward to Rangers as a venue through which old B5 members can be seen again. I am looking forward to Rangers to be someplace where more great B5 characters can be created.

I agree with Recoil. The Rangers characters were likable and interesting enough, they deserve the limelight.

Just give me some more G'Kar, and I would be even happier. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Of course, at this point, I just want a Rangers series, with or without guest appearances.

Yea I think G'Kar would be a good fit at times. Don't get me wrong I wouldnt mind having a guest appearance or two, it would be cool. But I really just want to see the Ranger cast develop and for us all to have a whole new cast to become part of our TV Viewing lives.

I'm sure JMS has considered how to bring in guest stars as he can without being corny about it. Personally though, I say bring on the guest stars! The Rangers have reason to go virtually everywhere. Use that to your advantage!

Most of the B5 characters have already completed the bulk of their journeys. They've grown into the people they were going to become. If a story calls for it I would be as happy as anyone else to see B5 characters but I would not want to see they show up out of nowhere for no reason. I would think retaining the pattern from Crusade for B5 character appearances would be fine.

David Sheridan *could* be in an ep if it's done properly and I dare to say later in the serie or to restart the serie with him as the main char. Figure if he's eating crayons and glue now that would put him between 1 and 2. I'm figureing on the current cast being in their early or mid twenties so bump everything ahead a couple decades and we can have David in training and everyone else doing their thing.

My .02 credits.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back