• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

b5 bloopers

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just saw a message on scifi's board
about b5 bloopers, anybody know where
to get them in higher quality?

Have they been sold as real tapes, or
is it all bootleg?

Thanks.

------------------
Ivanova :
Ivanova Is Always Right.
I Will Listen To Ivanova.
I Will Not Ignore Ivanova's Recomendations.
Ivanova Is God.

----------------------------------

Londo:
Landing Thrusters, Landing Thrusters.
Hmmm.
If I Were A Landing Thruster Which One Of These Would I Be?

The only blooper tape I know of is very much a bootleg production. JMS is on a near holy war to enforce the illegality of it and to nail anyone caught trafficking in it.

Of course, I have a simpler solution: release an offical blooper tape/DVD. Of course, that would require WB to make a decision....

------------------
-Devin Barber

They can't release an official blooper tape because that would require paying and getting permission from all of the actors. Unless the series becomes huge like Star Trek, they're never going to afford that and put in the required effort. It wouldn't profit them; there are very few people who would be interested in that sort of thing.

After all, look how hard it is to get them to put out the regular DVDs.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>JMS (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated):
These tapes were made for the cast and crew in-house as a special gift to them.
A way to have fun at the wrap parties. In that respect they are very personal
to all of us involved. To have people making copies and selling them illegally
is just to tarnish that aspect.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This BBS no longer supports the distribution of materials like that. Antony's made us clean our act up!
laugh.gif

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

[This message has been edited by SwiftBiscuit (edited September 07, 2001).]

Look at it this way -

Someone catches you walking down the street. You trip and everything goes flying across the road. Your friend thinks it's funny, and he gets it on video, and at parties you all tell about the funny time you fell on the street.

And then it gets to America's Funniest Home Videos, and the whole -nation- sees you falling on the street.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

I wouldn't mind the whole nation knowing I'm clumsy if I won the 10,000 prize.... but yes, the bloopers are quite illegal to distribute.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

To acquire the bloopers on tape would probably mean somebody earning money which doesn't belong to them. I personally wouldn't do it. Downloading from the net doesn't have that aspect... but it would be against JMS's request.

Personally, after having seriously considered the effects of me viewing them on all parties, I determined that it would be illegal - but no harm would come from it. A) Nobody would earn money that doesn't belong to them. B) They would only increase my respect for the actors. C) They would not decrease potential sales if they were to be published - I would gladly buy them if it were possible.

So I downloaded them. (In b/w and a very low resolution - they are hilarious regardless of quality.) The effect was predictable - they only increased my respect for the actors' work and sense of humor. I sincerely apologize if this isn't what they would like... but I believe the contrary.

But to honor the wish of my fellow board member's, I can't provide you with an address to any site. It is your own choice (at least an informed one) and quite a temptation because they can be found fairly easily on the net.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited September 08, 2001).]

Back