• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5... and football! In the same column!

channe

Regular
Right. Dropping in long enough to post this:

The following was written by the hilarious Gregg Easterbrook of slate.com for his column "Tuesday Morning Quarterback:"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> The stylish TMQ cap is awarded to Nora Greer of Scottsdale, Ariz., for the euphemism "going over the rim." This is not something the Shadows and Vorlons did at the end of the Babylon 5 serial. Greer once worked in the Fred Harvey hotels on the Grand Canyon south rim. She reports that tourists who plummeted to their deaths from scenic edges of the Canyon were casually referred to by hotel staff as "going over the rim." The fate is more common than local promoters care to mention: Five tourists fell to their deaths from the south rim in 1998, for example. Presumably the hotels' main concern was whether the estates would still pay the room charges.

Sci-fi Note: TMQ always loved the alien name Vorlons in Babylon 5. It sounds like the secret ingredient in laundry detergent. These creatures' starcruisers should have brightly painted messages on the sides: "Now! With added Vorlon!"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.gif

You can find the whole column HERE.

There's some funny stuff about Star Trek, too.

------------------
channe@cryoterrace | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Thanks

That was funny.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

lol.gif
Cute!

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.
</p>
<a href="mailto:Ivanova@B5LR.com">Ivanova@B5LR.com</a>

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back