• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Atlantis

Izzat Jeff's gramma?

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Izzat Jeff's gramma?

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

LOL, yeah I know, she has the name Sinclair but i doubt it's Jeffery's Grandmother
wink.gif

It is indeed a small world....

BTW, here's a rather unflattering review....
http://www.assignmentx.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=270285&cat_id=0&obj_id=27152

But it's making money....
http://www.assignmentx.com/0/Top10.asp?this_cat=270285&obj_id=270182&aff_id=0

Anyone hear seen it yet?

------------------
"Faith Manages"

A large part of Disney Studio's problem when they try to make a good animated film these days is their nasty habit of Dumping most of the animators as soon as the movie is finished. Local news (I live in Orlando about 20 miles from The House Of the Rat) reported that over 200 animators were let go right after they finished up. They did the same thing after the last couple movies.

Then, when they get ready to do another, they hire a bunch of New animators, usually lots of them fresh out of school. (READ: They work Cheap.)

Unfortunately, this policy loses them lots of Experienced talent. And the best of the New talent is no longer so eager to work for Disney. They've gotten a reputation.

Way back when, under Walt, the studio kept the animators busy All the time and always planned the next project while working on the Current one.

As recently as 5 years ago, I heard students in the local university's animation classes drool over the idea of working for Disney.
Haven't seen much evidence of that sort of eagerness lately.

Most of them lately are trying to figure out ways to get a job with a Japanese Anime company instead.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

My wife and I really enjoyed Atlantis.

True, it's not the deepest intellectual exercise, but great fun.

Also, did anyone else catch this?

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>When the sub was flooding, the engineer shut the hatch on at least one poor soul, condemning him to a watery grave? </font></td></tr></table>

It was necessary, but I didn't think Disney had the guts to show that on camera.

In many ways this was the film I wanted Tarzan to be and the film I didn't think Disney would make. I hope it's enough of a success for them to continue with film like this one.

[Or even films like this one.]

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited June 22, 2001).]

I noticed that too. I was also surprised that

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>over half the crew died before we reached the main part of the movie. </font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Faith Manages

I haven't seen the movie yet but i'm planning on it soon. This is a little bit different from what this subject was intended for but i think it is interesting though. In this thread right hereCaptain Matthew Gideon poses a very interesting idea about the lost island. It's a good thread at that has lots of intersting points brought up in it, check it out at least for that story.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back