• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Any last minute predictions on the "special announcement"?

Re: Any last minute predictions on the \"special announcement\"?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
Does anyone want to offer their final guesses regarding what "special announcement" about Rangers will be made during Monday's Crusade marathon? My prediction is that they'll be announcing the release date, and that the announcement will be packaged in a new trailer that includes some of the CGI.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition, I hope they announce the 22 episode green light for B5:LotR Season One!
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Babylon 5 - Crusade marathon 10/8/2001 7AM-8PM on Sci-Fi

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
They might show the trailer for the movie, lets keep our fingers crossed on that one. Think about it the movie is finished, they could show anything they want. Other than that it's all open for debate. All I really want is a good look at the new ships.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they do show a trailer for the movie, I hope it doesn't spoil too much, but instead just gives an overall feel like the intro credits of B5 and Crusade. I hate it when I go to see a movie, and all the best stuff was in the trailer, and the rest was filler. I'm not saying To Live and Die in Starlight is going to be like this, but I hope they don't give away too much in the trailer.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
Unfortunately, Sci Fi is definitely waiting for the ratings. Despite the networks apparent approval of the film (when you think about it, what else are they going to say to Joe even if they are less than thrilled - that's just plain politics),
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could blast it, demand changes, etc. It's happened to other pilots, right? It's not unheard of. I know it's way, way back, but didn't this happen to Gilligan's Island?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
...with all of the numerous executive changes at USA studios and Sci Fi, everyone is going to proceed with extreme caution until they get those hard numbers. C'est la vie.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My question for them, is WHY aren't they airing it NOW? If it's done, why do we have to wait 'till January? They should air it several times, now. It's only one two-hour (with commercials) movie. Surely they must be able to find a spot for it. Just bump a Grade Z movie, or two, or three.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
At the risk of sounding blasphemous, this is just another science fiction pilot, it's not earth shattering (sorry Warren), it simply delivers what was on the page. It all comes down to what makes fiscal sense for the network. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, I don't mean to be. I like most of what I saw, but nothing's a for sure thing in this industry. This should be on another thread - sorry.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, if they can put on some of the Grade Z movies and series that they've been airing, they sure as heck ought to be able to put on Rangers and Crusade.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Heh. We all wish deeply that it was earth-shattering.

And, well, sci-fi shows are worse off, usually, then sitcoms or drama shows, precisely because they're not mainstream...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and the next JMS.

"I have 15 things to do, all of them annoying... -Ivanova

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back