• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Any last minute predictions on the "special announcement"?

Any last minute predictions on the \"special announcement\"?

Does anyone want to offer their final guesses regarding what "special announcement" about Rangers will be made during Monday's Crusade marathon? My prediction is that they'll be announcing the release date, and that the announcement will be packaged in a new trailer that includes some of the CGI.

------------------

Re: Any last minute predictions on the \"special announcement\"?

Good guess--I think yours may be right, Chris.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Dear message board posters,

I am sure that some kind, sharing and thoughtful message board contributor will post exactly what this special announcement regarding "Babylon 5:The Legend of the Rangers" is all about when it airs this coming Monday, October 8, 2001...

Please feel free to share the special announcement with those of us that do not have "SCI FI Channel" access...

Thanks! Cheers! -Warren T.Takeuchi- "Kit"

------------------

I agree with Warren.
smile.gif

And we want details. As many as possible. Every little detail counts.
laugh.gif
Maybe, just maybe, it will help shorten the waiting time.

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
The One and Only True Kribu Board

It's probably just gonna be about their website b5rangers. I think they're gonna finally post those pics that we've been waiting for. I really think that's all they're gonna do, last time they put all that hype into it and all they showed were those stupid videos (WOW).

They might show the trailer for the movie, lets keep our fingers crossed on that one. Think about it the movie is finished, they could show anything they want. Other than that it's all open for debate. All I really want is a good look at the new ships.

grrr.gif
overlord.gif
grrr.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War Is Life And Death Is The Only True Peace"

Check out what Dylan Neal has to say about it. http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000348.html

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited October 05, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Check out what Warren has to say about it. http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000348.html

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did Warren channel Dylan?
wink.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited October 05, 2001).]

I just wanted to make a correction here...You meant Dylan...The address or link provided goes to the message that Dylan Neal posted...not me...

Just wanted to clear that up folks! Thanks!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi-

------------------

What can I say, other than "OOPS"?
blush.gif
crazy.gif

------------------

What I want to know is, when will we finally get that Rangers newsletter that they ask you to sign up for at Sci-Fi Channels' Rangers site?

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

This is the first I've read about it. Not one person thought it might be an idea to email about it. *sigh*

------------------
"Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that nancy-boy hair-gel I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away." -- Spike, as Angel, in Angel

I predict an airdate announcement.

What I would love to see is a bit, a teensy tantalizing taste, of what Dylan said "blew the doors off of Enterprise."

I want dialogue, too...
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

Unfortunately, Sci Fi is definitely waiting for the ratings. Despite the networks apparent approval of the film (when you think about it, what else are they going to say to Joe even if they are less than thrilled - that's just plain politics), with all of the numerous executive changes at USA studios and Sci Fi, everyone is going to proceed with extreme caution until they get those hard numbers. C'est la vie.

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, this is just another science fiction pilot, it's not earth shattering (sorry Warren), it simply delivers what was on the page. It all comes down to what makes fiscal sense for the network. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, I don't mean to be. I like most of what I saw, but nothing's a for sure thing in this industry. This should be on another thread - sorry.
crazy.gif

------------------

There better be some new CG effects anf good bandwith when they air it or I'm gonna get very dissappointed
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Thomas Banner
Diverse 3D

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
Unfortunately, Sci Fi is definitely waiting for the ratings. Despite the networks apparent approval of the film (when you think about it, what else are they going to say to Joe even if they are less than thrilled - that's just plain politics), with all of the numerous executive changes at USA studios and Sci Fi, everyone is going to proceed with extreme caution until they get those hard numbers. C'est la vie.

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, this is just another science fiction pilot, it's not earth shattering (sorry Warren), it simply delivers what was on the page. It all comes down to what makes fiscal sense for the network. I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, I don't mean to be. I like most of what I saw, but nothing's a for sure thing in this industry. This should be on another thread - sorry.
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like we don't tend to wander from topic to topic in our threads.
crazy.gif
Welcome to the asylum, as they say.

I'm sorry to hear for certain what I thought I was hearing: no announcement of a series this Monday.

When can WB shop it around? Or will they not even bother until the tv-movie airs?

------------------

Hey Dylan,

Well, I pretty much agree with you on the point being that "nothing is a sure thing in this industry"...It is sad, but true indeed!

I guess that I am just trying to be positive regardless of reality (ha ha ha)...because, I am sure you will agree with me here...it would be quite a thrill to have a regular job on a fun show like this one!

Luckily, "The Legend of the Rangers" turned out to be quite exceptional...and that I did not just conjure up my claims...Thank god!

Once again, I would find it quite odd and of course, very disappointing that a series will not transpire out of all this fantastic effort...It would seem very strange...which goes back to the comment on the industry...nothing is for certain...nothing really makes sense in this business...and should it? I don't know...

We will have to see...

Anyways...

Cheers! -Warren-

ps-BTW-Dylan...I am incorporating the "Grouse Grind" into my workouts...it is unbelievable cardio...so, when you make the move up to Vancouver for the series...you may or may not want to join me...Have you done it before!? Brutal climb...
laugh.gif

------------------

And by the way, Dylan, I don't think you are being harsh, just realistic. Yours is a tough industry, don’t mind us fans if we just beat our heads into a wall with frustration. We’re doing it to kill time until January.
shocked.gif

------------------

Does anyone think it could be something more?

Perhaps an announcement for the new series?

The studio execs have seen it, I am assuming, and just MAYBE from what they have seen (wishful thinking, I know) the studio execs have compared it with Enterprise and decided that they have a massive winner!?

------------------
Sheridan: "It's... damn inconvienient!"
Delenn: "The truth often is."

I was thinking that it was unlikely, but maybe JUST MAYBE they'd announce a new series pilot, "Rangers". But then someone posting on another thread
(who will go nameless, no more naming names for me!!
laugh.gif
)
mentioned WB's willingness to sell the show elsewhere. If the series were a done deal, just not announced, WB wouldn't be considering shopping it around, right?

Of course, the source may not have more info. than us. But I'd think they'd try to get contracts signed if it were a done deal, all ready to announce this Monday.

------------------

Dylan... in Valen's name, you are NOT being cynical!
smile.gif

All you did was a throw a spash of reality check juice at us, and I find that is rarely a bad thing.

It IS just another sci-fi pilot, and as you and others have commented, it needs to deliver the goods to warrant the coveteted 'green light'. No dount 'delivering the goods' means - action, action and more action. Something B5 does well, and something we the fans love - but not really what B5 is honoured and obsessed over for. The great thing is we all know the brilliant and inspiring moments of drama will come, the extensive character development will come, the intrigue and mystery and spiraling climaxes will come.

But first, JMS has to hook the fish, and sometimes that means bowing momentarilly to the flash and sparkle.

Whatever the announcement is, I hope it eventually bodes well for you, your fellow cast mates, and the crew (not to mention JMS). You are the one's who miss out the most.

Thank you from the entirity of my heart for your and the other Rangers' presence on this board.

------------------
Sheridan: "It's... damn inconvienient!"
Delenn: "The truth often is."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back