• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Andrea Thompson - Person of the Year

I cannot make up my mind about whether they were being ironic or not.

Has Andrea Thompson been given difficult things to do, like getting the truth out of someone who want to lie? Or just the actress like job of reading things written by other people?

------------------
Andrew Swallow

The site is called tabloid baby dot com. It's commenting on good journalisim.

What's next being named humanitarian of the year by babysealclubber.com.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I have no idea what she did during her brief stint as an actual reporter in New Mexico, but as a Headline News anchor she is more a "news readers" in the British sense. She reads what is on the teleprompter, and introduces pre-recorded stories reported by others, for the most part. The Headline News folk don't even interact with live reporters in the field very often, as do the anchors on CNN proper.

The format is a repeating "new digest" with major headline stories in various areas (domestic, international, sports, entertainiment) covered in a half-hour block, updated as necessary through the day, repeated verbatim when there is no update. Not a lot of actual reporting or interviewing by the anchors - that is all handled by the reporters within the stories the anchors present.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited January 07, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back