• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

... And the Ground, Sown With Salt

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>One thing I thought was interesting about that scene is how it was filmed. Obviously being on Showtime, there would have been no issues with actually showing the people get shot in the head.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I agree and I am glad it was done that way. Also, I would think that the actors like it better too because wouldn't it be more interesting to convey a reaction after seeing someone shot in front of you than reacting to a bullet and dying? /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Also, I am not sure this is how you meant to say this but I don't really think these people were shot in the head. They seemed to like shooting people in the chest/heart instead. Plus, one would think that a shot to the head would be pretty damn messy which we didn't really see (usually they show people with brain matter splattered on them).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lyta:
<font color=yellow>Also, I am not sure this is how you meant to say this but I don't really think these people were shot in the head. They seemed to like shooting people in the chest/heart instead. Plus, one would think that a shot to the head would be pretty damn messy which we didn't really see (usually they show people with brain matter splattered on them).</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I assumed they were headshots just by judging the angle of the gun and how close they were to the people they were shooting. It looked like it was always pointed head level.

<font color=yellow>I assumed they were headshots just by judging the angle of the gun and how close they were to the people they were shooting. It looked like it was always pointed head level.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Could be camara angle. Or the director thought it would be more dramatic. In real life, it makes much more sense to aim at the chest since it is much easier target to hit than the head.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gangster:
<font color=yellow>In real life, it makes much more sense to aim at the chest since it is much easier target to hit than the head.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Heh, not when you are standing 10 feet away. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=yellow>Heh, not when you are standing 10 feet away. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Even when you are only10 feet away.

<font color=yellow>Even when you are only10 feet away.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Actually I was being quite serious. You are talking to someone who can put 10 rounds in an area about the size of your hand from 300 yards away with a rifle very much the same as they were using. Believe me, 10 feet is nothing.

In fact, the heart is a smaller target than ones head anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

One of my Marine friends would scoff at 10 feet. He can do some sort of ridiculous distance. He showed me how far - I swear, I had to squint...

<font color=yellow>Actually I was being quite serious. You are talking to someone who can put 10 rounds in an area about the size of your hand from 300 yards away with a rifle very much the same as they were using. Believe me, 10 feet is nothing.

In fact, the heart is a smaller target than ones head anyway. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Benchrest, no problem! Sure as hell not "offhand." I know. I shot competition too many years. But what we're talking about is shooting people and this introduces the emotion, adrenalin and stress factors and these can throw off the best shooters. And in this case, I know because I've seen many excellent shooters miss at very close range when under stress.

Besides, my point was the chest makes a bigger target, thus easier to hit.

<font color=yellow>Besides, my point was the chest makes a bigger target, thus easier to hit.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

That was what I was thinking too but I just didn't say it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Boy, this sure turned morbid real quick like. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

<font color=yellow>That was what I was thinking too but I just didn't say it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Boy, this sure turned morbid real quick like. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Yep! Talking about the best way to kill people is generally not the best subject for a dinner party. <LOL>

I am on this mission to try and figure out where they are in each episode. So, does anyone know where Cranston is and McLaren Army Base?

<font color=yellow>I am on this mission to try and figure out where they are in each episode. So, does anyone know where Cranston is and McLaren Army Base?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Are you planning on creating your own Jeremiah 'Wall' for your website? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif Kind of like Eric had in this last episode with the little flags and locations?

Eric? Who da heck was Eric? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif If you mean -Eddie- then yeah maybe. I have this big blank space on our wall here in the computer room and it would make a nice space for a map. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I don't have the energy to create something like that on the web site. Just a sentence or two to describe where they are on the episode guide would do nicely. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=yellow>Eric? Who da heck was Eric? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif If you mean -Eddie- then yeah maybe. I have this big blank space on our wall here in the computer room and it would make a nice space for a map. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I don't have the energy to create something like that on the web site. Just a sentence or two to describe where they are on the episode guide would do nicely. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Ooops, yea, Eddie. I knew it was an 'E' name...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back