• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

And so it ends ...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Alas, here we are at the end of an era. It is doubtful that there will be a series for lotr and thus here I am saying a final farewell to you all. I have been frequenting these boards since the beginning and to all things there is a time. its gone on too long, to live on is to leave behind joy and compassion because we know it to be transitory, of the moment .Now I am moving on .Babylon 5 was a great series when it aired and I will still be watching and odd episode of it from time to time but it has ended .I want to thank you all for engaging discussion, thrilling conjecture and an even more exciting repartee. I hope that jms does well in all his future projects as he deserves it very much .I hope in some way that babylon5/jm has contributed to sci-fi in a way that takes it to a new level of entertainment ,I hope it pioneered sci-fi that are the sort of achievement that you remember ..

---------------------------------------
smile.gif
AND SO IT ENDS
smile.gif

Farewell to you all I might have made some mistakes with my arguments , I may have annoyed you from time to time but we have all different opinions don’t we ? that’s what makes us who we are.

G O O D B Y E ..
Simon.P.Healy
u.k.
<a mailto="simon@babylonfive.co.uk">E mail me here</a>

Yea Simon.

I am usually as pessimistic as they come, but it isn't that bad. There is always a chance until you hear official word. Then again, if you are trying that last ditch, 'Murphy's Law' approach, then that just might work. Saying that all is lost and there wont be a series so you jynx yourself into getting one. Ahhh yes, I have tried this many times myself
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
As a wise man said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh.

Much as I agree with the sentiment, perhaps we should direct our focus t oother areas of the script.
wink.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

*laughs*

I share your sentiment with that line!
smile.gif

Here you go, instead:

"We are imperfect reflections of the universe around us. We cannot change the past. We can only learn from it, try to create a future in which such errors do not recur. Sadly, we are still working on the last part."

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

I don't understand what you guys don't like with that line. It was a great example of a contrast...a saying that was somewhat complex and filled with meaning alongside another saying that was simple and straight to the point.

------------------
-- IceFire

I don't know why you are being so negative, Simon. The Crusade situation was much worse. JMS & TNT were at odds, & TNT wasn't going to do more Crusade. This time, JMS & SFC seem to have a good relationship, & SFC really promoted Rangers. If the people at SFC see that those ratings aren't indicative of how Rangers would do, since it was up against a playoff game, after all, I think we *will* get a series.
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------
Tirk: Citizen G'Kar, Captain Martell would like to speak to you.
G'Kar: Of course. Love to stay. Can't. Have to go. Kiss-kiss. Love-love. Bye.

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Uh? Didn't you start another one of these about 5 minutes ago?

------------------
If I tell you that everything I say is a lie, am I telling the truth?

And should there be a series, I would hope that you will have a reason to check back... so until then.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Actually, I believe things are looking very well for Rangers. It is safe to think that negotiations are taking place. Had SFC dismissed Rangers right from the start (Jan. 22) we would have heard about it through JMS. This has not happened.

What I think is happening is that SFC is looking to squeeze the best deal possible out of Warner and they will be using the ratings to justify this. Call it intuition but I believe we will be hearing about the final fate of Rangers within the next 2 weeks and I think it will be positive.

I'd wait be for giving up.

------------------

Goodbye Simon,
Have fun at the BattleStar Galactica Bboard.
We at least have a fighting chance of getting a Rangers series.
Thanks
Car

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>It is doubtful that there will be a series for lotr.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think its more than doubtful, but there's still Jeremiah to look forward to.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

A trifle meladramatic there Simon, but if you are aiming for an acadamy award for best performance of Murphy's Law, you can have my vote. If you are moving on, may life "not give you anything larger than your shoulders can bear".

Ps. I am betting there will be a Rangers series...because "it has always been here"
smile.gif

------------------
"Humanity IS my business"
or the always popular
"You can get farther with a kind word and a 2 b four, than you can with just a kind word"

Good riddance says Tirk.

Simon is a wet blanket.

And shame on you PsionTen, I expected better of you than defeatist negativity like that.

Its easy to be cynical. It takes strength and pride to put forth a little effort to get what you want.

One by one the trolls melt away like so much useless fat. Eventually our fan base will be lean, strong, and arrow straight.
Stay focused people, keep hope alive and we will be rewarded.

Rock on.
Gus

------------------
"Save your pity for toothless tigers and dancing Bears."
--Telly Savalas
Combat!

All hail Gus, the King of Metaphors.

He made me hungry. I'm going to go have a sandwich.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Until the Rangers series starts. Then all of the trolls will come right back.
frown.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

If JMS can write a postapocalyptic series about hope, I certainly can write my letters to the powers that be and hope that they'll count for something...

Oh... Gus, you just sent me into a paroxysm... lol! We're the Lean, Mean, Fighting Fans, complete with sharpened pencils and Rangers t-shirts... $9.95 action figure at your local Kay-Bee...

Um, yeah. Rangers, ho!

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
All hail Gus, the King of Metaphors.

He made me hungry. I'm going to go have a sandwich.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wise words.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back