• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Amazon.com's Editorial of S2

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Amazon.com\'s Editorial of S2

I was checking out the S2 DVD on Amazon.com, and I noticed that they placed an editorial review, the review has a lot of spoilers, and any new B5 fans, might be confused. Personally I dislike the review as it felt like they totally missed the point, inadditon to the many mistakes.

The review is at the bottom of this post
*Caution* there are a few spoilers in the editorial.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000087EYB/ref=ase_b5lrcom-20/103-0896254-4487841

Re: Amazon.com\'s Editorial of S2

Hm... which many mistakes? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Granted, it's been a while since I've seen S2 but nothing in that review looked like an obvious mistake to me.

Welcome to the board, by the way. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just read it quickly, and didn't see any mistakes. Spoilers to be sure. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Pretty sloppy writing in both paragraphs, too.

Many people now buy DVDs as the first opportunity to witness a show, so it should be spoilerfree, especially on Amazon.

I read it and I didn't think there were any spoilers at all .Just basically telling you what season 2 was about .

Yes... and to someone who has not seen S2 yet, there were quite specific spoilers (regarding Anna Sheridan, Morden, Z'Ha'Dum for example).

Sure, for someone who has seen the whole show and now wants to get it on DVD those aren't spoilers but I have to agree with Antony here - there are probably plenty of people who are just now getting into the show because of the DVDs (for example that's what I'm doing with Farscape and Buffy right now) and it would be nice of big online stores such as Amazon to avoid spoilers if possible.

"Chock full o' spoilers" but more importantly poorly written. The opening sentence is awkward and about as attention getting as.........hmmm.....the tire ads in the sports section.

I do like the sentence that ends the first paragraph, but I'd still buy the DVDs even if the review was written by Danielle Steele, or a 3rd grader!

I have yet to read an Amazon editorial review that was well written - they are probably written by web coders rather than dedicated copywriters. When browsing there I tend to stick to the buyer reviews rather than place any faith in what is essentially designed to be a sales pitch.

If something is new to me, and there are no buyer reviews I don't buy - I go down the book/music/video store and have a look for it in the flesh.

And this is definitely full of spoilers, but I too didn't see any actual mistakes in there.

Oh ... and I like the cover artwork !!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh ... and I like the cover artwork !!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Is that you being sarcastic about liking the artwork, or just sticking your tongue out at those who've complained about it?

/forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Which is actually the kind of reasoning that seems to have quite many supporters, and by all accounts, this version has been around ever since the actual events.

Which doesn't mean that it could not be erroneous.

Does anyone find it funny that it says: "Customers who wear clothes also shop for:" ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lol maybe they think some people surf the net naked. not that i would know of course /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sheridan's wife, Anna, died during an archaeological survey of the world Z'ha'dum, the name being just one of many references to Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings (the bridge at Khazad-Dum).
SO lame reading shit like that in a review...

Is that you being sarcastic about liking the artwork, or just sticking your tongue out at those who've complained about it?

Yeah ... just poking a friendly tongue at those who've complained about it.

I know this is an issue for the other threads on this topic, but the only problem I have with it is the colour. I like it, but it probably isn't as striking as the orange S1 box.

I agree some of the individual faces could "use a good kiss" to quote Han Solo, but I think the overall image is pretty good.

And I am pretty sure that Sheridan's face is based on a photo that I thought looked a bit odd in the first place, but I am in no position to comment on others looking odd in photos.

To come slightly closer to topic, I have to say that I wear clothes and didn't want to buy any of the stuff they suggested.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I am pretty sure that Sheridan's face is based on a photo that I thought looked a bit odd in the first place, but I am in no position to comment on others looking odd in photos.

There are a lot better pictures of Sheridan from early Season 2. They should get rid of that high hair in front under the "5" (my biggest beef with the pic.).

Ivanova can look vastly different depending on how they have her hair and the angle they use. In some pictures, she looks absolutely gorgeous, and in others she looks positively homely.

See attached Ivanovagoodbad.jpg.

Acknowleding the universally known fact that Ivanova is God, I must nevertheless ask...

Exactly which photo is the *homely* Ivanova, KoshN??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry to take this off topic, but I think Laurel Takashima had a waaay nicer butt. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back