• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A Pointless Martel Thread

channe

Regular
On the "trading card" (come on, folks, it's not really a trading card, it's a neat-looking marketing toy that capitalizes on the 'guerrilla campaign') for Martel, it says that he served on the Emfeeli.

I was cooking my lunch today (tomato soup with rice) when it hit me in a flash of light (my roommate's burrito catching on fire in the microwave). Martel was on the Emfeeli. Which means he probably was at the first great battle of the Shadow War, the one shortly after Sheridan realized the Shadows were herding the refugees to the center of the sector. At that battle, the Emfeeli had been badly damaged, and was only prevented from being blown to bits by a couple of Drazi warships.

I wonder if this will be referenced in the telemovie?

-Channe, who has been writing dry academic papers all day (now! now you see why this was posted!)

Back to the Postmodern era...

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Mexican food. Spanish for "little donkey."

You take a tortilla, make it into a cylinder, and stuff beef, beans, cheese, and other assorted goodies into it.

Yum!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Mexican food. Spanish for "little donkey."

You take a tortilla, make it into a cylinder, and stuff beef, beans, cheese, and other assorted goodies into it.

Yum!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah but what is a tortilla?

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
At that battle, the Emfeeli had been badly damaged, and was only prevented from being blown to bits by a couple of Drazi warships.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows? Maybe a certain Drazi Warrior served aboard one of those Drazi warships before joining the ranks of the Rangers. Would it be a coincidence that he was handpicked by Capt. Martel to help crew the Liandra?

Has anyone else noticed that January 19th, 2002 grows one day closer roughly every 24 hours?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:

Who knows? Maybe a certain Drazi Warrior served aboard one of those Drazi warships before joining the ranks of the Rangers. Would it be a coincidence that he was handpicked by Capt. Martel to help crew the Liandra?

Has anyone else noticed that January 19th, 2002 grows one day closer roughly every 24 hours?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One day closer every 24 hours huh!? I will have to get my stopwatch and sundial out and test this crazy theory myself. Next thing you know someones going to say the world is round and the planets revolve around the sun.
wink.gif

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin infidel_dog@rangerone.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you happen to be doing a lot of travel between time zones...

(Just trying to be helpful...)

------------------
-- Marty
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
No, it's not always going to be this grey
All things must pass... [G. Harrison]

Hey Gus Lynch aka Tirk!

Congratulations on your gigs!

Sounds great!

Talk to you later dude!

Cheers! -Warren T. Takeuchi- "Kit"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Thanks Warren.

Im heading home as soon as I wrap Special Unit 2 next week, so I just wanted to say happy holidays to you, here, publicly. You know, in case I dont get a chance to do it in person and privately.

So is SCIFI gonna throw us a big gala bash for the premier or what?

Wow! How good does that new trailer look? The effects look fantastic. I still wonder what that Chris Pike guy was watching when he wrote his "review"
When you listen to an anonymous critic rip the effects in the film, and then see the trailer, its not hard to make the jump to conspiracy and alterior motives on his part.
Other than that, I thought his reveiw was spot on. (he called my character lovable)

I know, I know, this is all old news. Not to mention meandering and sloppily typed.

I promise to try harder to stay current and post my pea brained opnions here more regularly.

Ive run out of banal things to say. Time for a good book and a warm bed.

Yours in comradeship.
Gus Lynch

------------------

One more thing....

How come your profile is all spruced up with your pic and character name and you got all this cool crew member association with your identity and I got a stock pic and am listed as a mere standard member?

I'll tell you why: Antony and Devoit, while they may run an excellent and comprehensive (not to mention aesthetically pleasing) website, they are in fact rabid specists who simply refuse to treat Drazi with the same respect that the human and minbari are provided in this forum.

I dont mean to whine. I ought to be used to it by now. Nobody ever asks the Drazi what he thinks. Nope, all anyone expects of us Drazi is to be strong and be stupid. Well Im more than that. Im strong, stupid, AND awake much too late. So there!

I swear I had a point when I started this rant. Its gone.

So am I.
Take care,
Gus

------------------

LOL at Gus...

Go to bed, you cranky Drazi...
wink.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Poor Gus. He emails me saying I don't write, I don't ring and I don't say I love him. Now I snub him by giving him no picture.

Everyone, sooth the poor Drazi.

The issue on the pictures by the names: I did them in a staggered approach for cast members, when they posted normally. I have a sneaky suspicioun I haven't updated Alex account yet (so you're not alone Gus). But I hadn't seen you in ages here, so didn't put you a pic up.

*waves his wand, as he does* Voila, you are pictured and labeled.

You can take some small comfort in that you have your own page at B5LR.com, and I've been really slow in getting pages for the other cast members. Poor Dylan has been politely reminding me, and I've been slloooow.

I will catch up. Just got a backlog right now. 3 interviews in 4 days (1 B5LR, 2 Trek) and my own interview tommorow, for a job.

------------------
"In the book which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter which is the day that I met you, appear the words: 'Here begins a new life'"

I dont mean to whine. I ought to be used to it by now. Nobody ever asks the Drazi what he thinks. Nope, all anyone expects of us Drazi is to be strong and be stupid. Well Im more than that. Im strong, stupid, AND awake much too late. So there!

I swear I had a point when I started this rant. Its gone.

So am I.
Take care,
Gus

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I'm going to bring up a point, a very interesting point indeed, and I'm proud to be the first to say this to you.
Green or Purple?
laugh.gif

------------------
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

as soon as I wrap Special Unit 2 next week,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Looking forward to that showing up on screen. Is the role with or without prosthetics? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Other than that, I thought his reveiw was spot on. (he called my character lovable)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So... How long until you start demanding less complicated, more Trik centered episodes?

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me. But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
[B<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So... How long until you start demanding less complicated, more Trik centered episodes?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I was thinking of threatening to leave the show if they dont move it to LA first, but I think you're right. I'll demand more Tirk centered plotlines. I'll require a love interest, and I think there should be something that can show the softer side of this ultra macho ranger warrior. Perhaps I could adopt a small orphaned minbari street urchin. Oh the misadventures we'd have!

Drat! According to JMS's strict rules, now that I have put these ideas into the public forum, he cant write it in without risking litigation. So I guess we'll never know what could have been....sigh

Well, lets hope JMS can come up with something on his own. I think he may be able to pull it off.

Well, time to check my fantasy football scores. Go Vikes!
Cheers!
Gus Lynch

------------------

Well, time to check my fantasy football scores. Go Vikes!
Cheers!
Gus Lynch

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VIKES?! How can you cheer for them? Oh well, I guess you can expect that from a Drazi.......

------------------
Push the button, Frank.

Vikings eh, I guess that makes you a purple. It's just too bad they are only the second best purple team in the NFL, although it's no shame to be second to the best team in the league. Perhaps one day you can get Moss to play hard eighty percent of the time. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Go Ravens, go 'Terps.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Who knows? Maybe a certain Drazi Warrior served aboard one of those Drazi warships before joining the ranks of the Rangers. Would it be a coincidence that he was handpicked by Capt. Martel to help crew the Liandra?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello, Gus! Welcome to the zoo.

Rule #1: Don't tease the fans.
smile.gif

Just kidding.

Purple. We all look stunning in purple.

I hate football - give me the Yankees any day.

I don't know about SCIFI.com, but out here in hicksville we're hosting a bash. And we're even going to serve Pepsi and chips at it, too.

I'm speaking in short sentences.

Ok, off to speculate idly.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back