• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Van Helsing

Problem is, you never are sure if you should tell them to be quiet for fear that they might pull a gun and shoot you.

Where are you seeing movies, Fallujah?

Uh, only in one of the most racially tense cities in the country. It has happened and personally I'd rather move to another seat than get the shit beat out of me or make a scene.

Now if it's just some kids or something, I will say something. If the person looks like he could wrench my neck off and use my body as a bat for my head...nope...not worth it. And here, people love to talk back to the movie and then share it loudly with their friends as though the movie said something extremely humorous in return.

I've found some theatres where the crowds are better, but Friday and Sat. are mostly out for movies for me, those are the worst crowds.

The act of going to the cinema has been ruined by home video. People tend to act as if they were at home in their living rooms and somehow manage to forget that there are people around them that they don't know and that magically their sofa and refrigerator have vanished.

This is a major pet peeve for me. Even when I do say something, the damage is done IMHO since it's more than caused me to be pulled out of the film and forced to recognize that I'm sitting in a large room full of inconsiderate morons. :D

CE

{snip}The act of going to the cinema has been ruined by home video. People tend to act as if they were at home in their living rooms and somehow manage to forget that there are people around them that they don't know and that magically their sofa and refrigerator have vanished.
The rudeness is worse than you think. At home parents must talk during their children's TV.

One of the funniest/most head shaking moments I have witnessed in a cinema recently was when my wife took me to see LOTR-FOTR on opening night, as a birthday present. She had had to book tickets in advance, and all tickets were allocated to specific seats (guess they thought it was going to be busy or something).

About 2 minutes before the movie was due to start, as we were tucking into our nachos, a couple came over to the two women sat in the seats next to ours and asked if they would mind moving as they were sitting in their seats.

The two women answered: "well, someone else is sitting in ours", and went back to their conversation. This exchange quickly dissolved into a heated discussion about the relative merits of moving the previous interlopers from the two women's seats or finding somewhere else to sit.

Eventually, a staff member came and sat the couple (note - not the two women occupying the couples' seats) elsewhere and several rows apart from each other.

What is it with we English that we just can't do this stuff????

Dude, I also live in a city renowned for its tenseness and rudeness. But every city has its "good" areas and "bad" areas. I never go the theater in my neighborhood

Oh, you people like stories of rudeness in a theater? Beat this: a guy sitting next to me, during City of God (a very intense, serious movie) pulled out headphones and started listening to music!

Dude, I also live in a city renowned for its tenseness and rudeness. But every city has its "good" areas and "bad" areas. I never go the theater in my neighborhood

Oh, you people like stories of rudeness in a theater? Beat this: a guy sitting next to me, during City of God (a very intense, serious movie) pulled out headphones and started listening to music!

Well, at least he used headphones, so you only got a tinny bit of interruption ;)

When we went to see Underworld (me and about 8 mates), there were three people (2 guys, 1 girl) sitting a few seats along from us.

To be discrete about it, they "had intimate relations", all three apparently, after a fashion. Pretty quietly, as only two of my mates, who were sitting closest, noticed, but still...

VB.

When we went to see Underworld (me and about 8 mates), there were three people (2 guys, 1 girl) sitting a few seats along from us.

To be discrete about it, they "had intimate relations", all three apparently, after a fashion. Pretty quietly, as only two of my mates, who were sitting closest, noticed, but still...

VB.

You sure the movie wasn't titled Underwear World, rather than Underworld, LOL :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back