• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek XI Set for Xmas 2008 release

I need to get into Heros, but I always manage to miss it. :eek:

I'll end up renting it, probably. :LOL: I have heard very good things about it. Lost, I'm not sure. It sounds like the kind of show that I'll find initially interesting, but eventually annoying in how they never actually get any closer to any real answers (much like my enthusiasm faded slowly as X-Files went on).

Hero's sounds more like my kind of thing. Oh, and do keep in mind that one of the most popular Star Treks (the Next Generation series) was touted as being "more of a family show than science fiction...."

What I'd love to see is more variety. But I can't really complain when I'm not watching all of the good shows that are out there right now. :LOL:

God, just give us a good "Rama" movie. That could be quite neat. :D

Hyp, LOST had a bit of an "X-Files" type issue in not knowing how long they had to make the series, but, thye have now decided upon an end date, so they know how long they have to get the answers out there, so, it should resolve itself well. The end date is 2009/2010 season, total of 6 seasons.

I just ordered all 10 Trek movies cheap of the net. Seemed worth it on balance for getting the good ones with the bad...

Cool.

I definitely want to get 2, 4, and 6, and probably 3 just because 2-4 are all connected, but don't know if I'll get 1 and 5 just to complete the set. Also don't know if I'll pick season 3 of TOS, by far the least consequential of the three.

Eh, who am I kidding- I'm sure all I'll get all of it eventually :)

I just ordered this:
http://www.jazzicons.com/ji2_boxset.html

I stopped reading the updates at scifi.com, since hearing the premise of the story.

Wow. So they will use time-travel (and maybe someone messing with the timeline or perhaps a parallel universe) to find an excuse to show the original cast in their younger days.

I'm sorry, it just sounds sooooo bad. :rolleyes:

I now have joined the many science fiction fans who are saying "please, just let our beloved Trek die, before you suck the entire life and soul out of it". :(

Lets look at the ratio shall we?

Star Trek: TMP No
Star Trek: II No
Star Trek: III No
Star Trek: IV: Time Travel
Star Trek: V: No
Star Trek: VI: No

So of the TOS movies, only 1/6 or 17% dealt with Time Travel

Star Trek Generations Time Travel
Star Trek First Contact Time Travel
Star Trek Insurrection No
Star Trek Nemesis No

So the TNG movies were batting .500

Star Trek X Time Travel

So 3 of the last 5 movies to be made has something to do with Time Travel, or altering timelines, or stuff like that. REALLY need to find a new major plot device IMO...

And say what you want about the silliness of the plot of Star Trek IV, what with the whales and all, but at least it had style and was entertaining.

And say what you want about the silliness of the plot of Star Trek IV, what with the whales and all, but at least it had style and was entertaining.

I will forgive a lot if I find the story and characters interesting enough. :D

Yes, I'd agree. I didn't mind that it wasn't all-serious Trek. And I loved it. One of my two favorites of the movies. :)

Agreed. I didn't mind the Whales thing. It was a fun movie and I loved how it all worked. IMO its the TNG movies and other Star Trek shows that were made AFTER STIV that wore out the whole time travel stories.

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record with my original Trek crew worship, but can you imagine if any of the other shows' crews tried that same story (Star Trek IV)? It would have been a horrendous embarrassment.

Lets look at the ratio shall we?

Star Trek: TMP No
Star Trek: II No
Star Trek: III No
Star Trek: IV: Time Travel
Star Trek: V: No
Star Trek: VI: No

So of the TOS movies, only 1/6 or 17% dealt with Time Travel

Star Trek Generations Time Travel
Star Trek First Contact Time Travel
Star Trek Insurrection No
Star Trek Nemesis No

So the TNG movies were batting .500

Star Trek X Time Travel

So 3 of the last 5 movies to be made has something to do with Time Travel, or altering timelines, or stuff like that. REALLY need to find a new major plot device IMO...

Technically you should include Star Trek: Insurrection because the Baku had the ability to slow down local time - at least, Picard's squeeze did.

Technically you should include Star Trek: Insurrection because the Baku had the ability to slow down local time - at least, Picard's squeeze did.

i don't remember that, admittedly every time i watch a star trek movie, i find myself thinking about how much more enjoyable it would be if i were watching star treks 2 or 6

There's a bit where she is chatting to him and blows a flower and the petals move out real slow... in the same sequence a hummingbird slows down and hovers in bullet time.

Then when they make a dash for the mountains and the cave in happens. Picard persuades her to do it again as her life signs are faint.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country was probably the strongest of the lot as it used all the cast and had a great level of political intrigue.

Also Doc Ock's ill-fated Mrs, in Spider-Man 2

yeah i remember the chick, and darth is right, i would totally do her. that said i am in the middle of a drought, if you put a plant in a dress i'd have a hard time saying no.

concerning 6, while it was outstanding, i think it was also very of its time, thus i prefer 2 simply because the story has a timeless quality about it.

The more and more I see the original characters recast for this movie, the more I find myself wishing they would just do a movie with all new characters instead.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back