• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek XI Set for Xmas 2008 release

damn i was trying to come up with something suitably pithy but you beat me to it.

however she is pretty hot, so there's one reason to see it.

Wow- why the Ryder hate? Is she that bad of an actress? (I just vaguely kind of remember Heathers, where she an Christian Slater were all angsty and murderous.)

Wow- why the Ryder hate? Is she that bad of an actress?

I don't hate her. I don't think she is a particularly good actress, or at all suited to play Spock's mom. But I think she has been adequate, or a bit better, in some roles. I guess I remember her best in The Crucible. When I see her when she's not acting, she mostly seems like a twit. But, I guess we shouldn't hold that against actors... ;)

Wow- why the Ryder hate? Is she that bad of an actress? (I just vaguely kind of remember Heathers, where she an Christian Slater were all angsty and murderous.)

Dont think she is a bad actress. I for one was just making a wise-ass joke. Uncharacteristic of me, I know.

Dont think she is a bad actress. I for one was just making a wise-ass joke. Uncharacteristic of me, I know.

Oh no, it was good- I was gonna say, "Way to get the young kids interested in Trek... oh wait this isn't 15 years ago."

I just thought it was funny that this is what gets people rolling their eyes at how silly a new-old Trek movie is, when to me it got silly when they decided to cast not Shatner and not Nimoy.

Anyway, Rider's got the important quality of a Vulcan- she's skinny.
(Seriously, why no fat Vulcans? Ok ok, it's illogical to over-eat, blah blah, but can't one of 'em have a glandular problem or something?)

Anyway, Rider's got the important quality of a Vulcan- she's skinny.
(Seriously, why no fat Vulcans? Ok ok, it's illogical to over-eat, blah blah, but can't one of 'em have a glandular problem or something?)

Spock's mom isn't a Vulcan. This'll cost you your nerd card. :p

Which raises another point... age! As humans don't have as long a span as vulcans, how can she still be that young... was Sarek a cradlesnatcher?

you forgot sybok, okay i know star trek 5 licked arsehole but still... dude come on.

Which raises another point... age! As humans don't have as long a span as vulcans, how can she still be that young... was Sarek a cradlesnatcher?

not really spock was somewhere around 150 when he died he really wasn't that old, due to his being a half blood vulcan, and considering tuvok is around that age in voyager we can see the difference in condition. she was probably in her 20's or 30's when she gave birth.

not really spock was somewhere around 150 when he died he really wasn't that old, due to his being a half blood vulcan, and considering tuvok is around that age in voyager we can see the difference in condition. she was probably in her 20's or 30's when she gave birth.

I'm not following you. If she was in her 20's or 30's when she gave birth, then surely she's going to have to be in her 50's by the time Spock signs up for Starfleet... unless you are saying she'll just be in a flashback.

Sarek died in TNG episode Unification.

Watch as I quote Wikipedia for extra geekness...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarek

but they do not mention lifespan....

Never fear, Memory Alpha, the Trek specific wiki will help me out...

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Lifespan

A whole article on lifespan, for threads like this... Sarek lived to be 204 years old.

I'e drunk too much when i am typing this, in case you were wondering.

God this movie is going to be shite. A total trainwreck....

Well .. at least it can't be worse than it sounds :p

Hey, who knows. It could be the best thing ever - did "Batman Begins" sound like something that wouldn't be shite when it was being made?

Nevertheless .. I'd wager to post my balls on B5TV on the fact that this movie will suck - if anyone actually would want that. :p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back