• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

To Live and Die in Starlight on Sci-Fi (US) June 2

KoshN

Super Moderator
06/02/2002

1:00 PM SCINEMA FEATURE BABYLON 5: IN THE BEGINNING (LBX)
3:00 PM SCINEMA FEATURE BABYLON 5: THIRDSPACE (LBX)
5:00 PM SCINEMA FEATURE BABYLON 5: RIVER OF SOULS (LBX)
7:00 PM SCINEMA FEATURE BABYLON 5: A CALL TO ARMS (LBX)
<font color=orange>9:00 PM SCI FI PICTURES BABYLON 5: LEGEND OF THE RANGERS (LBX) </font color=orange>

All times above are US Eastern Time. See Schedulebot at
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/>http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/</a>

Hey.... thanks for posting, this is interesting /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Too bad that I can't watch it.... all 5 movies on the same day
I don't see that happening on Dutch tv. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif
Anyway... I hope it gets good ratings

Rashenn

Well, that goes without saying, but nobody I know counts in the ratings game. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

June 2nd is Memorial Day (Observed) in the U.S. Last day of a three-day weekend. Most folks will be returning home from mini-vacations or enjoying parties or barbeques with family and friends. That's why Sci-Fi is dropping its normal schedule in favor of a movie marathon, they know overall viewership will be down. They (and TNT and other cable networks) routinely do things like this on holidays.

Regards,

Joe

I thought I saw a website about an airshow, during the Memorial Weekend. On the 25th and 26th of May
But I'm not an US-resident of course so I could be mistaken.
However, the NBA website says the same. The Sparks against the Comets during the Memorial Day Weekend, May the 27th

Rashenn

You're right, I'm confused. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Memorial Day does fall on the 27th this year. I have no idea why Sci-Fi is running a B5 movie marathon on the June 2nd. That isn't typical scheduling for a non-holiday.

Regards,

Joe

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>You're right, I'm confused. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Memorial Day does fall on the 27th this year. I have no idea why Sci-Fi is running a B5 movie marathon on the June 2nd. That isn't typical scheduling for a non-holiday.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps a remnans of hope?

/Com

What day of the week is 2nd June?

Are there any major sports matches on that night? Anything else that may take away the viewers?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_M_Swallow:
<font color=yellow>What day of the week is 2nd June??</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
That is a Sunday.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_M_Swallow:
<font color=yellow>Are there any major sports matches on that night?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Nothing that I know is definitely scheduled at this point. The first week of June tends to be around the time of the NBA (pro basketball) and NHL (pro ice hockey) final series. The exact schedules of those are never set until after the semi-finals (or conference finals, if you prefer) are over.

<font color=yellow>Anything else that may take away the viewers?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Nothing that leaps to mind right now.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
<font color=yellow>You're right, I'm confused. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif Memorial Day does fall on the 27th this year. I have no idea why Sci-Fi is running a B5 movie marathon on the June 2nd. That isn't typical scheduling for a non-holiday.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Maybe Sci-Fi's confused?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Maybe Sci-Fi's confused?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Only the fans. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Nah, they wanna spite me some more /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Not only did then NOT show it in Canada, they're showing it in the US again just to annoy me /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by solaris5:
<font color=yellow>Nah, they wanna spite me some more /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif
Not only did then NOT show it in Canada, they're showing it in the US again just to annoy me /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I believe, "That's the way it goes." applies. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Not only did then NOT show it in Canada, they're showing it in the US again just to annoy me /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif<hr></blockquote>

Damn, he's figured out our secret plan - Bonnie Hammer

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Joe

I don't think there is anything unusual about this scheduling. Sci Fi's programming schedulers have always tried to come up with creative brandable marathons.

Recently, they've done a "before they were stars" marathon of movies that featured people like Josh Hartnett and Angelina Jolie in early roles. They also did a superhero marathon in preparation for the release of Spider-Man.

Summer is an important time for them. New seasons of Farscape and Stargate SG1 premiere on Friday, the 7th.

Why not do a marathon of B5 movies the Sunday before? B5 viewers duplicate highly with and are similar to Farscape and Stargate, so it is a good promotional platform for those shows.

It should be noted that this should be re-run time for the major networks. I'm guessing there won't be much competition. Even Six Feet Under should be done its season by then.

Anyone want to predict what rating B5LR will get?

I'll start. My prediction is 1.0.

I'll predict that 1.0 is going to be the average g.p.a. for at least half of my algebra students this semester. /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back