• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

So, when do the ratings come in?

No idea, but I'd guess on Monday?

Also - they'll take into account the ratings of all three showings, right? Not just the very first one?

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited January 20, 2002).]

As I understand it, all three showings are separate events, and will therefore be rated separately.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

We'll know Tuesday.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

When's the third showing? Here in the EST, they showed it once at 9 pm, then again at 11pm.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

The third showing is tonight at 7, I think.

*Crosses fingers*

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
We'll know Tuesday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TUESDAY??
shocked.gif

What'll we do till then?

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
The third showing is tonight at 7, I think.

*Crosses fingers*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5pm Eastern

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

I will say this. The NFL game on opposite Rangers was a HELL of a game. I was taping Rangers because I was out at a bar with a couple friends watching a band that a friend is in, and the game was on. VERY exciting game, and I am sure it gave Rangers a lot of competition. What a great day though. Get good news on the DVD. Well, the Bears lost
frown.gif
. Then go out to a bar. Pretty women, great music, great football game on the TVs. Come home, watch Rangers on tape. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
I will say this. The NFL game on opposite Rangers was a HELL of a game. I was taping Rangers because I was out at a bar with a couple friends watching a band that a friend is in, and the game was on. VERY exciting game, and I am sure it gave Rangers a lot of competition. What a great day though. Get good news on the DVD. Well, the Bears lost
frown.gif
. Then go out to a bar. Pretty women, great music, great football game on the TVs. Come home, watch Rangers on tape. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was some game. (I kept track during commercials.)

Sorry about the Bears, but on the other hand, the Eagles won...
laugh.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
5pm Eastern
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I must have confused it with What Dreams May Come.

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

What sort of figures are SCI-FI Channel looking for? If Farscape gets on average 2.1 (?) and Rangers gets 2.5 or higher, what excuse could the channel have for not giving us a new B5: Rangers series?

I wonder how SCI-FI will judge it and how long will they wait before confirming a series? If all goes quiet for 5 weeks, then this will be bad news.

------------------
'I plan to live forever, or die trying' - Villa Blake's 7

I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess a 2.8, but I hope it did even better
smile.gif

------------------
No choice, no choice at all.

I'm guessing they're hoping for Dune-like ratings. Dune, like B5lr had previews in theaters and got something like 2.8? million viewers. Sci-fi thought this was high enough to make a sequel (children of dune), so I'm hoping Rangers does a bit better to clinch a series birth.

Phil

------------------
"And that, Mollari, is why it will not be your people, or mine, or the Gaim, or the Drazi or the Vorlons or the Shadows who in the end will stand astride the galaxy like giants. It will be the humans."
"I think you are the one who is mad, G'kar," Londo said. "I can choose just as well as the humans. I can choose to stay in this cell, with you, or I can choose to leave."
"Yes, but can you choose for there not to be a cell at all?"
"I don't understand," Londo said.
"Exactly," G'kar said. "Exactly."

[This message has been edited by Emfeeli (edited January 20, 2002).]

Dune drew in excess of four million viewers. It was the highest rated thing ever to appear on Sci-Fi. I believe Doug Netter said something a few months ago to the effect the Sci-Fi was looking for Rangers to come in second only to Dune.

The ratings for the Saturday football games are delivered to the people involved in televising football - all of whom work on Sundays.
smile.gif
No problem getting those out. The people who matter at Sci-Fi take weekends off, and so won't see the numbers until Monday. (Same is true of anybody in advertising or related fields who might see them and leak them to a site like this one.) The ratings probably won't be announced - if they are good enough to announce and Sci-Fi doesn't decide to sit on them - until Tuesday.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I guess I will have to mediate and fast until Tuesday when the ratings come in .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or longer.
smile.gif
Sci-Fi may have the ratings on Monday or Tuesday, but there's no certainty that we'll get them then.
laugh.gif

joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
The people who matter at Sci-Fi take weekends off, and so won't see the numbers until Monday. (Same is true of anybody in advertising or related fields who might see them and leak them to a site like this one.) The ratings probably won't be announced - if they are good enough to announce and Sci-Fi doesn't decide to sit on them - until Tuesday.

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many companies and most major advertising agencies are closed on Monday. It's a holiday. Even the stock market is closed.

Most ad agencies I know wouldn't get the cable overnights for Saturday until Tuesday morning anyway.

Can't speak for the folks at the SciFi Channel.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
The ratings for the Saturday football games are delivered to the people involved in televising football - all of whom work on Sundays.
smile.gif
No problem getting those out. The people who matter at Sci-Fi take weekends off, and so won't see the numbers until Monday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. I figured that Nielsen itself released the ratings. I didn't know that it was the networks themselves that are in charge of that. Thanks for the info.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

Back