• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Scif and fantasy's funniest moments some intentionall and some not

That would be worth seeing, but I couldn't find it on You Tube.

Allow moi!

Awhile back I was going to mention the time when, for some unknown reason, he winds up in an alternate reality where he isn't a hologram... he's so excited to be alive again that within moments he manages to accidentally kill himself again.

:scream:

That's from the episode Timeslides. I can't find the clip on it's own but it is in this commentary.

I actually love the original Rimmer's swan song episode "Stoke Me a Clipper"... particularly the opening sequence.

Last edited:
Hypatia just go to youtube and type in red dwarf the Rimmer Munchkin song os there in all its glory
as for the One What Daleks think of Red Dwarf type it into google what will come up is Imeen BBCs there you will find it. Enjoy

Hypatia just go to youtube and type in red dwarf the Rimmer Munchkin song os there in all its glory
as for the One What Daleks think of Red Dwarf type it into google what will come up is Imeen BBCs there you will find it. Enjoy

Ahem...

...or just click on the link I provided in my last post.

Sometimes you just have days where you feel invisible.:rolleyes:

ooops! yeah sorry kinda missed that one Galahad. From an episode of star trek the next generation
Q to Worf and " MIcroBrain, Worf growl for me show me you care "

Q' one appearance on Ds9 had Varsh saying to "Q on that one world were they called you the God of Lies
Q responds " It was meant in affection"

Or the boxing match scene on Ds9 whre Sisko Punches Q and Q responds by saing "you hit me, John Luc would never have hit me"!
Sisko responds by saying "I am not Jon Luc''!

Last edited:

I found the Rimmer Munchkin song easily enough by going to You Tube last night.

I couldn't find the Daleks one, though. Thanks a lot for posting that link! That wasn't bad. I'd forgotten that joke about going to red alert. :D

And no, you're not being ignored. I just didn't read your post until now.

Now, as long as we are bringing up great Red Dwarf moments, another good one is in the episode where they can go into photographs. Rimmer getting to actually hear Lister's big song... gosh now what could its title have been again... let me think.... ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And the perfect touch: when Rimmer tells the picture-Lister that his music is brilliant and that he should dedicate his life to it, Lister comments on what a nice chap Rimmer is.

:wtf:

I'd forgotten what a great comic actor Chris Barrie is. :)

Speaking of Shatner I though he was actually hilarious in Airplane 2, He was really over the top as the moonbase commander, Remember when he looked through the view finder and say the Enterprise and shook his head in confusion?

Shatner: "Good, we had better get to the tower"
Other guy: "We have no tower sir."
Shatner: "No tower?"
Other guy: "Just a bridge sir."
Shatner: "WHY THE HELL AREN'T I NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE THINGS?!?!"
*opens door/viewer and walks through*

Brilliant.

One of my favorite moments ever was in Star Trek IV when they are racing to get Chekov out of the hospital and you hear the old woman say: "The doctor gave me a pill, and I grew a new kidney."

My funniest Star Trek IV moment is a subtle one (which comes much after Kirk trying to explain swearing to Spock).

Kirk: "Spock do you have those computations?"
Spock: "One damn minute Admiral"

And like GKarsEye, I have to share my love for Galaxy Quest. That movie is just plain fantastic on so many levels. Much more than just a slapstick spoof too.

Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines, Arnold walks out of the the Strip Bar reaches into the pocket of the clothes that he just acquired, puts on the the crazy Sunglasses , quickly decides to take them off. That scene with him wearing those glasses had me rolling

Hi Galahad, I see your point. But, one thing must be pointed out. A digital recorder does not need to be setup to work with a computer. A digital recorder does not need to be programmable nor does it need to be connected to a network to record a signal. Like any radio it can be a self-contained unit. So a portable reciever with its on storage chip can do the job. Put in a non programable chip you can record pure signal with no hardware that can translate computer code.

Another fave from ST IV:

Spock: "Excuse me, Doctor. I'm getting a number of distress calls."
McCoy: "I don't doubt it."

All this talk about Star Trek IV and no mention of the punk rocker with the boom box on the bus?

No one questions what Spock did to the guy, they just applaud in appreciation.

(Incidentally, I heard a rumor that the kid playing the punk rocker is related to William Shatner, like his nephew or something. I have no idea if it's true or not.)

I don't know if that rumor is true...but I do know that it was his real-life band whose music he was jamming to on the bus.

Yeah, little known fact; snort enough Mormons and you get pretty high.

The side effects are a b****, though. You wind up with about 30 kids.

I don't know if that rumor is true...but I do know that it was his real-life band whose music he was jamming to on the bus.

Really? :vulcan:

Well, that was in style at the time, I suppose. And I admit, I never did "get" that music.

My God why didn't i think of this film Earlier DARKSTAR comedy scif movie made about 1975 produced by Dan O Banion and John Carpenter i think that both of them acted in this one. Its about 5 guys sent on deep space mission, their job is to blow up geologically unstable planet which might pose a threat to any future human colonization.
The captain of the ship is dead frozen in a block of ice but he is still somewhat aware and able to give the crew sage and silly advise when they need him . They have a pet alien which looks like a beachball with feet and it has really cranky attitude. The bombs they have artificial intelligence and are are enthusiastic about their puropse. This movie also illustrates why it's a bad idea to teach existensailism philosophy to a malfunctioning bomb. this movie is a scif comedy classic of the first order. :guffaw: I don't know if this one is on dvd, but if it is check it, out it's worth it

Darkstar! Of course! So classic... I always loved how the ship looked very small when we got exterior shots, but somehow had enough space for a five-story elevator shaft...

What about the classic Galaxina, I love how insane the movie was. Everytime some one mentions the blue star, rock n' roll music would play. And the scene when they were locked up in their own prison cell about their ship and they asked the rock eater creature to eat the bars to the cell. His responce was "If I ate the bars I'd be a bar eater" Or something to that effect!!! :drool: Oh, and I can not forget Space Balls 2, the search for more money!!! Ok, space balls

Last edited:
Back