• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ruined even further

Yes...he did. Well said GKKR! :D

Of course this does remodel the whole Redemption of Anakin line that seemed to be running through the OT into a Redemption of Luke's father tale.

This was my point. That was the whole point to Luke's journey. He saw good still in him. Now, what? He wasn't good? Only some previous incarnation was good? (Not that I've really seen anything "good" in Anakin in the PT really...more like an arrogant punk :rolleyes:)

And how would Luke know who the hell that is up there? :confused:

Oh, that must be because the other new scene where Leia finds her mothers photo album locked in a steamer trunk that was found locked away in the bowels of the Falcon that just happened to be being smuggled years ago on the Falcon by it first owner, who we'll find out was Jango Fett's cousin twice removed, named Smelly Fett, who was later melted down and had his DNA injected into a Brain culture that grew into that little laughing thing in Jabba's Palace (I just blanked on his name). Then in the steamer, Leia will discover the full truth in a dramatic moment that Luke is not her real brother after all but that two eggs were implanted into Amidala, one fertilized by Anakin the other, hers, by Palpatine...so she must now rush to her real father's side and help him destroy the last Jedi, Luke, and then commit suicide because she can't bear the thought of being the emperor's daughter. Then Luke will throw himself on his saber after agnrily slicing off Vader's head in a mass of rage. Leaving the emporer now still alive and Empire in control..that way he can make more movies.

:D

CE

How would you like to be the actor who played the part of Vader only to be replaced later on...

Ask David Prowse. He thought he was going to remove his mask until a stagehand told him to look at the cast rolls for someone named Sebastian Shaw. Of course, that may have been a good idea on Lucas' part. We really have no evidence that Prowse can act, although in his heyday he could easily carry Malcolm McDowell around a room. :D

A great comment I once saw on the Aint it Cool News talkback:

"No one points a finger like Prowse!"

If they'd had David Prowse when the helmet was removed, then a whole generation of British children would have never crossed the road properly again. David was the Green Cross Code man :D

If they'd had David Prowse when the helmet was removed, then a whole generation of British children would have never crossed the road properly again. David was the Green Cross Code man :D

Well he did say look all around and listern.

Good excuse for bringing back Tufty.

Oooooh..... I wonder if he'll add more Ewoks to RotJ? I mean, come on... EWOKS. And then he can add in that part in ESB he wanted to add a long time ago but forgot about until he made it up about twelve minutes ago where Luke, while trapped in the Wampa cave, can escape and then have tea with the Wampa. And he can replace IG-88 (was that the name of the cylindrical assassin droid/bounty hunter droid? I forget, sadly) with the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future!

Would I be wrong if I said I actually would want to see that? :D

Well he did say look all around and listern.

Good excuse for bringing back Tufty.

I had no idea Prowse was a Public Service spokesman, but whatever that big sucker tells me, I'd do.

Maybe he can CG some actual boulders in so we no longer have to buy Teddy Bears dropping pebbles on armored soldiers from five feet up and winning.

Nice ATHF ref by the way.

We really have no evidence that Prowse can act,

Wasn't he in A Clockwork Orange?

The problem was, he had the heaviest English country accent. The other actors called him Darth Farmer. So they brought in James Earl Jones for the voice. But having done that, they either had to do the world's most fantastic dubbing job when they took the mask off, or replace him.

According to some accounts of the making of Star Wars Prowse really got treated pretty badly by Lucas & Co., but on his website he's denied most of that.

... they either had to do the world's most fantastic dubbing job when they took the mask off, or replace him.

Funny thing about the dubbing thing, most of the actors that played the X-Wing pilots in ANH all said their lines themselves but were dubbed over later. I remember reading an interview with one of them (in a Star Wars Insider magazine) where the guy didn't realize it wasn't his voice. He assumed it had just been altered with technology.

I had no idea Prowse was a Public Service spokesman, but whatever that big sucker tells me, I'd do.

xcode2bg.jpg

Thanks for that. I'd heard the dialogue and seen a couple pictures of the emperor, but I hadn't yet seen the clip. Adding McDiarmid as the emperor in ESB is probably the best change made to the entire trilogy; way better than sticking Hayden Christianson in RotJ.

Thanks for the link.

While I agree that this is the only change I ever agreed with for the OT, I must admitt I hate the new lines. They're "scooby-doo-ed"! If I were Vader listening to that I would say...well...DUH! Why does the Emperor have to spell it out like that? Does Lucas think his audience is that dumb?

Once again a good idea ruined by GL! FEH! :mad:

CE

I'm really not sure why most of this stuff was not done with the special edition. Not that I agree with half of it, but if you are going to change it, why have all of these different versions. Remember when we all found out were would not get the orginal editons on DVD, but the special editions? Now we won't even get the Special Editions on DVD. Its Orwellian historical revisionism, Doublethink, etc etc....
A whole genration of kids will grow up never seeing Sebastian Shaw.

But then that's Luca$film for you, this way they can flog more sets.

What is really annoying is that it works. People flocked to buy the originals, then flocked again to buy the doctored versions. :rolleyes:

Can you really blame a guy who doesn't really look at this as art, but as business?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back