• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ruined even further

Pity about that line - Carrie Fisher's voice was definitely at its most sexy for that one.

GL would do well to heed the old adage that

Art is never completed, only abandoned.

Cheers,

Lucas would do well to heed the advice of Popeye the Sailor: "Let well enough alone."

I am rapidly going off this idea.

Absolutely no reason to put Hayden Christansen into ROTJ. The ghost figure surely would be Anakin as he would have appeared aged 50+ if he hadn't been disfigured. If they're going to change him, then they might as well put Ewan McGregor in as well.

I agree, only because I think the whole thing is stupid. Lucas should leave the damn things alone.

That said, I have to say I will have to buy the set. My copy of the original version (and the re-done version for the matter) all got lost in some of the mishaps I have had in the past few years. It will suck, but better a flawed masterpiece than none at all.

Or wait a few years for him to issue the "one-time only release of the reverse-osmosis edited version of the entire series in its original state".

Weird. Didn't he promise the 97 versions where final? Oh well. I guess Rick was right when he said Lucas would work on these until his death.

Won't complain about Ian in Empire. And most other changes seem pretty neat to me.

Sucks that the Jedi temple won't be blown up in Episode III, though :(

As for people who claim to not buy the DVDs because of this... don't be silly. We all know DVDs are not about just movies anymore. It's about docummentaries and making ofs, deleted scenes and commentaries. You'll want that, at the very least you'll rent to watch those.

Absolutely no reason to put Hayden Christansen into ROTJ. The ghost figure surely would be Anakin as he would have appeared aged 50+ if he hadn't been disfigured.

*Channels Obi-Wan*
From a certain point of view.

You know initially I agreed that this was a daft step to take but then I remembered how Ben Kenobi told Luke that Vader killed Anakin - later excusing it as being true "from a certain point of view".

If whatever causes these ghosts to appear also holds to Obi-Wan's point of view then Anakin really should appear as he did when Vader killed him.

Just thowing in my grubby 2c :)

Absolutely no reason to put Hayden Christansen into ROTJ. The ghost figure surely would be Anakin as he would have appeared aged 50+ if he hadn't been disfigured.

*Channels Obi-Wan*

You know initially I agreed that this was a daft step to take but then I remembered how Ben Kenobi told Luke that Vader killed Anakin - later excusing it as being true "from a certain point of view".

If whatever causes these ghosts to appear also holds to Obi-Wan's point of view then Anakin really should appear as he did when Vader killed him.

Thanks, that was my feeling as well, I just didn't come out and say it, because I couldn't put it into understandable words. I still don't neccessarily agree with the decision, but, I can accept the logic behind it, and that was the only logic I could come up with.

Regarding the bashing of the Prequels, I personally don't believe the movies were all that bad. Jar-Jar was annoying, and I think that was the biggest problem with EpI. If JarJar's character wouldn't have been so annoying, I don't think Ep1 would've been a bad movie. And Ep2, I actually enjoyed.

*Channels Obi-Wan*

Except that in the end he looks at Luke as Anakin again...and even calls him "My son." Stating, "Let me look on you with my own eyes."

NOPE! Shaw's force ghost would be the one that appears. And I agree with whoever said that Luke should look at Hayden's force ghost and say, "Who the fuck is that?!"

"The more to over-take the plumbing..." as Scotty would say.

Some of the "clean ups" I really don't mind...but altering complete character appearances and story...that I do NOT aprove of and believe firmly that it is a cop out by an unimaginative writer and director.

CE

I'm not saying that Vader is not his father. :)
I'm just suggesting that if that ghost effect comes from the light side of the force then when Luke's father moved to the dark side then Anakin did indeed die - from the light side's point of view.

Depending on how EpIII is told it could make much more sense for the figure to be Anakin rather than Vader. Of course this does remodel the whole Redemption of Anakin line that seemed to be running through the OT into a Redemption of Luke's father tale.

Personally I wish the change hadn't happened but I think it could make sense, from a certain point of view :)

GL could choose to put dancing faeries in the background, too, because now that the saga has been told the happy faery people will be dancing and singing.

It still makes the man look rather sad. :eek:

Makes me want to say: go forth, create NEW projects with what you have learned...

Needless to say, I'll probably be renting the dvd of the last of the Star Wars movies. I'm glad I got to see the original Star Wars movie before it all got so weird and profit-driven.

How would you like to be the actor who played the part of Vader only to be replaced later on by a computerized image? (I know the actor is dead, but still...)

Oooooh..... I wonder if he'll add more Ewoks to RotJ? I mean, come on... EWOKS. And then he can add in that part in ESB he wanted to add a long time ago but forgot about until he made it up about twelve minutes ago where Luke, while trapped in the Wampa cave, can escape and then have tea with the Wampa. And he can replace IG-88 (was that the name of the cylindrical assassin droid/bounty hunter droid? I forget, sadly) with the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future! And he could at least replace that long lost scene where Han gets amnesia from being encased in carbonite somehow and becomes lost in Cleveland. Or maybe just somewhere in Cloud City. Or... some place he comes up with that has a stupid name. And god only knows the original trilogy needs a pod racing scene that lasts 20-30 minutes.

And on the matter of Jar Jar Binks.... Isn't it odd that he more or less is responsible for the creation of the Empire? At least he did something GOOD.

:LOL:

It could be too much grading today...

It could be my bedtime is usually about an hour and a half ago...

but ....

didn't GKKR just make an awful lot of sense? :confused:

:eek:

I'd happily accept more Ewoks in RotJ -- but only if you see them dying.

I have been absolutely furious at the Ewoks since I learned one earlier plan called for them to be Wookies. What makes more sense: the Empire's finest troops being demolished by 200 Chewbaccas, or by a small horde of teddy bears? But what adds insult to injury is that you see one, count 'em ONE Ewok die. All that shooting going on and only one Ewok buys it? I cheer every time I see that thing fall over....

Some have argued that the franchise was doomed from Return of the Jedi, but just has been a long time dying.

Of course others have argued that the franchise was ruined by Empire, taking what was essentially fun campy space heroics and converting it to things like Saga and Epic, with Mature Themes. Personally I love ESB, so I don't hold with that, but the Ewoks would have looked much better if the bad guys hadn't won in the previous movie.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back