• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Name that actor/actress!

So he was good. See how i did that. I'm so smart
tongue.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif

6. Was he in the bar scene?

I missed some in a row there. This guy looks like the gentleman who played in a movie version of something I can't remember the title to.

Great help, eh?
laugh.gif
Anyhow, I think it's one of the Austin sister's books. There is a little girl who he befriends (famous young actress from many other movies) who dies and he befriended her and let her play the piano at his house.

Let me see if I can do a decent internet search to jog my memory.
rolleyes.gif

Very good JJ. I don't think the little girl died in Little Women, but it's the same actor I was trying to remember.

How do you guys do it?
laugh.gif
I'm like "gosh it's that guy I saw in that thing once" and some of you can nail it almost immediately.
cool.gif

BTW, I remember him more in the kindly old gentleman type of roll. I don't know if I've ever seen him as a British officer.

I am amazed at the old movie fans here.
grin.gif

Well, either that or the search abilities here. As I said earlier, the best I can ever do is more like "hey I recognize him/her as the one who did the thing in the movie I can't remember anyway..."
blush.gif

laugh.gif

You folks are GOOD!
cool.gif

Okay, Sinclair, you got me. He is sort of vaguely familiar, I think he's British, but I don't know him. You posted three character actors from the 30s and 40s in a row, the films I am best at. Hayakawa was a lucky guess, which I checked on the IMDb before I posted, but Walter Huston, director John's dad is one of my favorite actors. He is hard to recognize, though, since he plays character roles, and looks so different in each. The grizzled prospector from The Treasure of Sierra Madre is a classic, excellent, and a personal favorite. C. Aubrey Smith was knighted for playing a favorable presentation of a British officer so often, like in The Lives of a Bengal Lancer. Hypatia, forgive me if I am more familiar with his action pictures than with Little Women. But do check out The Four Feathers, a great film, though his part is small. Sinclair, if you move to film noir actors, well, I'm about to go off line, but tomorrow when I come back, I'll nail them!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back