• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Name that actor/actress!

she looks very familiar, but i can't place her.
frown.gif

Same here. I was wondering if it was a silent film star, too. I know I've seen her, but can't place her. I don't think she was in a Marx brothers movie.

It does, Kraig, but I'm not sure if it's really Clara Bow.

I did an IMBD search on Clara Bow and was stunned to see we have the same birthday.
laugh.gif
She was born exactly 60 years before I was.
cool.gif

Why, that is Brigid O'Shaughnessy! At least that is one of the aliases she went by in one of the all time classic films of the forties, in which she starred. She was somewhat younger in the photo posted, however. In the posted photo, she does look a bit like Margaret Dumont, the straight woman for so many of the Marx Brothers best films. Another big hint: the title of the film in which she is Brigid is also the name of perhaps the best known mystery film "McGuffin" of all time.
grin.gif

Yep, you got my hint about the "McGuffin,", that being the maltese falcon, the object of the quest in that film. Another alias she had in that film was Mrs. Wonderleigh. There was a third, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Sinclair, of course I knew it was Mary Astor, but thought I would give someone else a chance, and a hint.

Hypatia, that photo of Mary A. does look a bit like a very young Margaret Dumont to me. Also looks a bit like Lillian Gish. That photo doesn't look much like Mary A. did in The Maltese Falcon!

Latest posts

Members online

Back