• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Name that actor/actress!

Hypatia, forgive me if I am more familiar with his action pictures than with Little Women. But do check out The Four Feathers, a great film, though his part is small.

Of course I refuse to forgive you for... eh.. what was it you did wrong again?
wink.gif

I will try to remember to check that film out. I admit, though, I tend to turn away from war films. Dr. Strangelove and Laurence of Arabia are almost the only ones I've ever liked.
blush.gif

The Four Feathers is about a guy who decides to take care of his estate and family, instead of going to war. His three friends, going off to war, and his fiance, each give him a feather, signifying cowardice. What he does to 'redeem' himself in their eyes, without actually joining the military, is astounding, and somewhat more culturally sensitive than most films of its era. I hear the recent remake stank.

Thanks JJ.
cool.gif

Here are the tally's as of right now:

Kraig 14
JadeJaguar 4
Glacophane 2
TheJucheWarrior 2
Lyta 2
CelleDuSoleil 1
GShans 1
PillowRock 1
hypatia 1
tygirwulf 1

Naw, it is good to have you on the list. We just need to remove that trivia-wiz guy (Kraig). He just makes the rest of us look bad.
grin.gif

PS: I don't know who this last one is even if he seems vaugely familiar.
frown.gif

Robert Joy - I remember him from the Star Trek Voyager episode - Workforce II- He was Inspector Yerid.
grin.gif

You gotta be amazed at Kraig.
cool.gif

How do you remember all of this stuff?
confused.gif

I have trouble remembering where I parked my car each day when I'm ready to come home from work.
laugh.gif

Kraig, we don't have instructor parking.
tongue.gif

It was voted in, then voted out. There is one lot that is close to the building that for maintenance reasons, they want to be faculty only. But they all double-park there, and I've been late to appointments because some slop of a faculty member who comes in later than I parked behind me and I needed to leave earlier than he/she.
rolleyes.gif

No, I learned long ago to park outside of that one lot. We do have a space for the college President and that is it, outside of maintenance restrictions.

(If you are curious, the maintenance department decided that one lot could be for faculty because we know how to part out of their way. They need access to the buidling with their trucks. But when twice these rude "dudes/dudettes" double-parked behind me when I needed to leave, I say "phooey!"

I came within one minute of calling a tow truck one day.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back