• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Season 2 Premiere tonight at 9pm

My TiVo never slips up. :)

I love my TiVo. I only watch two or three shows, and I'm gone a lot, so it's nice to have.

I'm not sure what I can or can't say about tonight's show; I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I do have a question, though.....What was that thing??? :D :D

Or another question would be ... what was IN that thing?

I wish I had better resolution but there were a few very interesting images they showed us.

Images were:

His brothers face
His face holding someone who looked dead on his shoulder (which goes with the scene we just saw towards the end)
Jesus on the cross

Well, the title of the thread is "Spoilers" and there's been spoilers earlier, so, I say free reign.

Evangelline Lilly (Kate) was on a talk show in the last day or two, and said we would see exactly what the monster was, and one of the "Powers that Be" (Damon or JJ?) said recently that it would confirm some viewers theories about the monster, not sure either of those statements cme to pass, but...

Really, there were actual images in the smoke? I was recording it on VHS, and thought I saw it making specific shapes, but, was watching at a bad angle doing something else. Gonna have to slo-mo that part on the reviewing.

So, how in the world does a cloud of smoke, that makes faces, connect to what sounds like a roller coaster on a track, and then bursts up out of the ground? And is that what killed the Pilot? Locke faced it down the first time, but, was grabbed up by it the second time, and now Mr. Eko has faced it down?

SPOILERS>>>>>

I don't like how they have subtly changed the "monster" sound over time - such as the introduction of the clinking sound not present when Locke first survived. Last night, they used the clinking, as well as a gurgling sound that is very similar to the growl of a giant beast, but they didn't use the HOOOOOO!! howl even once. Let's keep it consistent, guys.

Echo was a baaad-assss. I liked the twists. "That man saved my life". Charlie's stash. It was very touching how Echo held his brothers' remains.

Still, I'm happy to have new shows coming back.

I was pleased with last night's episode. I knew Echo would have a good backstory for some reason, and once again I like how they tied things together what with the plane and drugs and all. I've also noticed how the 'monster' has changed over the course of the series. I can't wait to finally find out what it is. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Really, there were actual images in the smoke? I was recording it on VHS, and thought I saw it making specific shapes, but, was watching at a bad angle doing something else. Gonna have to slo-mo that part on the reviewing.

Yes there were, but they were so suttle that I imagine VHS quality just won't cut it. I was watching it on my 65" TV on a Hi-Definition broadcast and they were still not the easiest things to see when paused.

I agree, what we saw doesn't jive with Loche being pulled down the hole by what looked like a chain, and the other noises. Maybe there is more than one monster?

There a quite a number of images that we see in the smoke. Here are some screen caps of those images:

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/

* Eko after crash (upside down)
* Unknown woman and Eko's brother
* Eko's brother shot (x2)
* Eko's brother's church
* Jesus on crucifix
* Young brother holding on to young Eko (gun is also seen)
* Unknown man's face
* Eko's partner
* Old man Eko shot
* Unknown woman (possibly woman selling statues?)

I think the smoke was scanning Eko's memories since all the images seem to be from his past. I don't think Eko saw these images but I wonder what he was thinking as he was staring the "beast" down....

I speculate that there may be more than one "monster" but I don't see how what we saw last night explains what it is?!

Seems like there's a big similarity between the guy's that took Eko and the "others", what with the snatching young impressionable children to become one of their own and all.

Seems like there's a big similarity between the guy's that took Eko and the "others", what with the snatching young impressionable children to become one of their own and all.

Good point! Funny how the folks raiding Eko's town were only after the children, and the "others" were looking to do the same thing. Makes you really wonder why the "monster" didn't do anything to Eko.

Good point! Funny how the folks raiding Eko's town were only after the children, and the "others" were looking to do the same thing. Makes you really wonder why the "monster" didn't do anything to Eko.

Actually the "Others" weren't just after children. True, from the Fuselage group all they took was Walt, and Ethan (If he was an "Other" and not yet another player) wanted Claire for Aaron, but, the tailees only had two children taken and quite a few adults (At least 7), Eko being one of those they tried to snatch, but, he ended up getting his "Jesus stick bloody"

I think the smoke was scanning Eko's memories since all the images seem to be from his past.

Or else it already had all those images in its memory bank and it was either reflecting on them/matching them up to the person in front of it or projecting them to Ekko as a way of saying "I know who you are and what you did". :) The twisted possibilities are endless. :devil:

Last night's epsisode for the first time made me consider the whole purgatory theory I've been looking down on all along .. though it could just be that oops, we have another huge criminal in our group :p .. It does seem though that the Machine is "testing" people in a way .. weird :eek:

Chili, even if the writers hadn't dismissed Purgatory, I can't accept it.

1. Aaron wasn't even born yet. How could a an innocent baby be born into Purgatory?
2. Purgatory is a Catholic belief. Sayid is almost certainly a Muslim, Sun and Jin are likely Bhuddist, Muslim or some other Asian religion. Worshipping a "false God" is one of the top no-nos. So, isn't being of a different religion, and therefore "worshipping a false God", too big of an infraction to land you in Purgatory? I am sure their are also aethists on the island.
3. When Arzt went to pieces, what had he done to get out of Purgatory, if you believe people dying on the island means they are going to the next level.

I'm going to cling to the theory that the writers really dont have an explianation for all of this, and they are making things up to seem cool and keep people putting together possible theories on websites. They have generated such a fanatic following of people trying to figure things out that don't have any real meaning. I'd laugh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back