• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Season 2 Premiere tonight at 9pm

Right off the bat, I was saying that the guy on the boat was Don Stroud, so all this MC Gainey stuff has me confused. Upon closer examination, I don't see Stroud's tell-tale eye scar in the closeup, and I'm not familiar with Gainey at all, so if "Bearded Man" (MC Gainey) = "Ratty Boat Man", I might have been mistaken. Here's a comparison. Stroud looks more the part to me.

fvshroud.gif

no5.jpg

When I first saw the season finale I saw Gainey's name listed as a guest star so I waited patiently to see when he was going to appear, which didn't turn out to be until just about the end. I keep waiting for his name to appear again this season, but thus far it hasn't happened.

When I first saw the season finale I saw Gainey's name listed as a guest star so I waited patiently to see when he was going to appear, which didn't turn out to be until just about the end. I keep waiting for his name to appear again this season, but thus far it hasn't happened.
The guy in the boat wasn't Don Stroud.

I think that guy from the boat will appear next week in a certain role.

He is listed as being in two episodes of the next 3, as two different characters, according to IMDB.

I believe he is listed under two different "character" names, but the same character. "Bearded Man" is the first listing, while the other name (his real name) would be a spoiler at this juncture.

Abrams always had a thing for numbers in his shows. Alias is centered around the number "47." Abrams calls it the perfect number. There is some variation of 47 in every Alias episode (i.e. time on a clock, a file #, a computer code, etc.)

I thought it was funny that the clock showed "47" minutes at the end of episode 3 this season.

As for Hurley's combination... there is a meaning behind that as well, I'm sure.

The collage juxtaposes the "boat people" from the Season 1 finale to photographs of the DeGrute (sp?) family members seen in the Hanso Institute film. This theory would seem to be discounted by that spoiler name I mentioned earlier.

Yes, Michael was the guy in the wheelchair who did the commentary in every episode. And Mr. Echo was Adabizi (sp?), one of the prisoners who worked in the kitchen.

Once again nothing of much significance happens in this episode. We get to see how Sun and Jin meet, but that's about it. The whole Sun losing her wedding ring seemed kind of rediculous to me. We get to see the legs of 'others' but nothing more.

It looks like something big will be happening when the show returns in three weeks, so hopefully things will pick up.

The last 2 eps have been a little slow, with small tidbits of info from time to time. What infuriates me however is the fact that no one ever really talk to one another. It wasnt until this weeks episode that Kate learned about the bottle Clair found and the prospect that perhaps the raft didnt make it. And now I have to wait 3 full weeks to see a new episode. Sometimes I wish I could just hold out until it is released on DVD and watch it all the way through. But I dont have the patience for that.. :p

You have to remeber the time frame. It was a week for us, but maybe only hours for the characters. I suspect that when Kate showed up and talked to Sun, she might have just been returning from her shift in the bunker. I'm not sure who was pushing the button during this episode, but it might have been Rose since all the other involved characters were seen wandering about. I think the bottle was only found the day before.

I agree, not much new on the Jin and Sun front; interesting but not really useful. I thought Sun's blind date not thinking she was into him at all was kind of silly. She'd given no indication that she was just playing along. I thought it was clever that orange was the color of love. Jin sees the girl in the orange dress, looks over his shoulder and BAM. Cute.

Those "Others" really went native.
Not a pair of shoes on any of them.

SPOILER

Now they're hyping an upcoming death again. I hate that shit. (I know who it is, by the way)

I wouldn't count on that B5O. It just seems strange the leak was around that long and so prevelant. Also JJ said in the last day or so, that there is alot of garbage floating about, so believe no spoilers right now.

I personally believe that spoiler is likely backwards. It may be true, but, if it is accurate, it won't come as much of a surprise when it happens, because so many know it.

Hard to say. Obviously I like the guerilla disinformation war and all the crazy clues and website that have sprung up related to this show. At times, they seem to really know how to keep the public off balance, and yet at other times they fall into the lazy death-event habit anyway. Last year's big death was hyped heavily, leaked early, and turned out to be correct. So will it happen again, or are they trying to convince that it will? It is possible to overthink this. ;)

I will say that the death as leaked doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since the character has made somewhat of a journey, and new revelations related to that character arose in a recent flashback, so it doesn't make sense that this person would be killed off, thus creating a big dead end with no further dramatic payoff. Oh well, we'll see.

SPOILER

Now they're hyping an upcoming death again. I hate that shit.

I agree, I can't stand it when they pull that crap. Maybe I should just skip out on previews from here forward, but with the way they advertise Lost every 4 seconds during Monday Night Football, I don't think that's possible.

One thing I was wondering about ... could be just that I missed it of course. When the people from the back of the plane decide to start looking for the front-of-plane survivors, it seemed an awfully small group (even taking into account that the Others have probably whacked off most of them).

The thing that made me wonder was that I didn't spot Bernard in that group - I don't think he was even mentioned? Did they just leave a few people behind without really mentioning it, or did I nod off for a while when it was shown/explained, or was he in the group that left and I just missed that? :confused:

And I really wish I hadn't seen that "next time" bit in the end .. that kind of hype I really don't like, plus I've always felt that when such things happen, the impact is a lot greater if one doesn't know to expect it. :rolleyes:

I seem to be the only person that missed it :D .. so I have no idea who this might affect.

Though it is massively stupid and climax-busting, yeah. I remember a few years back, the biggest Austrian television series there is really (at least when talking about international broadcasting), Kommisar Rex (about a police office in Vienna with a dog that always solves all cases), killed its lead off, a character called "Moser" .. there was a huge media hype before the episode aired, it was hard to not know it .. my jaw still hit the ground when the episode started and the title was "The Death of Moser" :rolleyes: .. Especially as it was a big long two-parter with the guy dying in the last 30 seconds of it :eek:

Sometimes TV marketing people just have NO clue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back