• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS signed on to a new ST series??

Holy :eek:... I know that these are only rumours and speculations and nothing has been confirmed, but I shall restore my Star Wars altar and add some vital JMS elemnts to it and start praying. For starters, I shall sacrifice my Star Trek movie box!

JMS and Star Wars would be a marriage made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.. That would more than make up for not getting TMOS!! :)

I always thought B5 was Star Wars for television anyway.. At one point I even wondered if there was any particular reason the two universes might not be the same one, except with one story set a long time ago in a distant galaxy and the other in 2257-2262 in our own galaxy.. There are certain overarching similarities in terms of things like hyperspace, and Draal and his Great Machine seem to have a pretty strong connection to the Force ('The Path' in Voices of Authority..) Then you have Lyta's table slapping 'Jedi Mind Trick' in Wheel of Fire..

etc etc etc etc.. :)

Re: JMS signed on to a new SW series??

Wow, how wrong that would be. Sci-fi geek nirvana.

That TMOS is gone is kind of OK if this is true, yes. Because it could mean more funding for a B5 motion picture. The drawback is: The cast isn't getting any younger, though it's just a matter of setting the story the suficient amount of years post-2058. 2070? Drawback for JMS: There has to be cute kids. Maybe not robots, though.

Wow, how wrong that would be. Sci-fi geek nirvana.

That TMOS is gone is kind of OK if this is true, yes. Because it could mean more funding for a B5 motion picture. The drawback is: The cast isn't getting any younger, though it's just a matter of setting the story the suficient amount of years post-2058. 2070? Drawback for JMS: There has to be cute kids. Maybe not robots, though.

Somehow, I don't think JMS would care.

Drawback for JMS: There has to be cute kids. Maybe not robots, though.

I see it the other way around.

That almost worked as Yoda-speak. :)

Perhaps the TV series will be a good occasion for JMS to work with that allergy against cute kids and robots, and learn to love using them. ;) Then David Sheridan and his friends would be easier to work with.

Awwww...little faith you have. Powerful writer is JMS...powerful writer is he. Teeheeee! :D

I may be way off here but this is from ColonyEarth's post a few weeks back:
Quote:
The plan is to write the whole first season over the course of 2005, shoot in the spring of 2006 for a fall 2006 debut. There are reasons why we'd have to write the whole thing first that will become clear once I can explain what the character is.

Emphasis mine.

To me that sounds like a show based around a single character (much like Angel or Buffy or something), so would that actually be a Star Wars series?

Unless he means the charcater of the show, which somehow doesn't fit really.

Though I am intrigued about the coincidence about the way in which the shows are having their entire first season written before shooting.

JMS said that a friend asked him to run a new series (or come aboard as EP). I doubt JMS is close enough to Lucas to call him 'friend'.

This is a second and different project, and this is a quote unrelated to the others ones in this topic.

And when JMS mentionned this, he also said that this was going to be a long-term thing. Which I don't think he'd have said if it was to be written in 2005.

For the sleep-deprived like me, you mean that we're refferring to:

a) TV-series that has to be written before shooting starts. For this year. Could possibly by the Star Wars TV series.

b) Long-term project that he was asked to do by a friend.

For the sleep-deprived like me, you mean that we're refferring to:

a) TV-series that has to be written before shooting starts. For this year. Could possibly by the Star Wars TV series.

b) Long-term project that he was asked to do by a friend.
So the possible SW series is not long term project a friend asked him to come aboard? I think the long term project for Fall 2006 was the series where all episodes would be written before shooting stars.

I have found the JMS quote:

"One last aside, on a long term project...a certain known film writer/director was recently asked by a particular studio to do a series using an established character. This person is a big fan of B5 as well as a friend, so a call came to me to ask if I wanted in on this. I said hell yes. I can't say much else about it, because a) it wouldn't be appropriate and b) things can still fall out, though that's doubtful at this stage (negotiations have formally begun with the studio), but if it does go ahead, the plan is to write the whole first season over the course of 2005, shoot in the spring of 2006 for a fall 2006 debut. There are reasons why we'd have to write the whole thing first that will become clear once I can explain what the character is. Again, I dont want folks to get too excited about this, because this is a weird business and this is the one town where hope can kill you, but if it goes ahead as discussed, it could be massively cool."

So i hope Lucas is JMS friend :D

To me most interesting part is the last bold one, "will become clear once I can explain what the character is". Any ideas how and why?

Notice how he said "what" and not "who". My guess is that "what" = Jedi.

What is confusing is that this statement was from December 2004. But in 15. February he said:

-quote-
In the 24 hours between the time I composed the prior note, and sent it, and it made its way through the moderation software, two things happened:

2) At the same time as the above, an offer came in to run a new TV series for fall of '06, and since there's no way anything Trek can happen in the interim, I've said yes (now we have to negotiate the deal, but that should be fairly straightforward).
-end quote-

Is it possible that he is taking about 2 different TV shows or maybe he mistyped the year?

In one of the recent interviews JMS said that he will start preproduction or shooting a new TV series in July/August. Is he talking about the fall '06 series?

In one of the recent interviews JMS said that he will start preproduction or shooting a new TV series in July/August. Is he talking about the fall '06 series?

Production is when a movie or tv series is actually filmed. They like doing this 9 months before the episode is shown. So for a series to be shown in September 2006 production should start in January 2006 or December 2005.

Before filming the phase is called Preproduction. During preproduction the actors are auditioned, the sets made, the series sold to tv stations and time in the sound studio hired. July preproduction for December production sounds a little early but is not impossible. Particularly if JMS is planning on converting a building into a studio, as happened for Babylon 5.

Notice how he said "what" and not "who". My guess is that "what" = Jedi.

No no no, jedi are still a who, he said what its DROIDS!!! :LOL: :LOL:. Jms is doing a remake of the cartoon serise droids with c3p0 and R2D2. :LOL:

Or it could be worse 'what' =JA JA BINKS! :devil: And follow JA JA hi jinx in the republic seneate as he hand delivers the republic to the sith. :devil:
We have to wait and see though now I think about it Chew Baca though that be pretty boring the main big character can't even speak english.
Of course it could be not star wars at all.

Understand they do not. Sad it is.

Understand they WILL! <raised eyebrows>

Pity them not should you. They belive not in the Force. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back