• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS signed on to a new ST series??

Whoa, there vacantlook. I said i enjoyed TPM, but Jar Jar wasn't the main reason exactly...

OK, I'll give you this: He has his place in the story. Jar Jar is the one who gives Palpatine special powers, you know. ;)

Yeah, Jar Jar just gave them the opportunity.

Frankly, I find Jar Jar and the Gunguns in general only slightly more annoying with the Ewoks. The corny dialogue exists throughout, and only Harrison Ford's ad libbing and deliveries gave us anything memorable and funny from the first three. Ditto for the love dialogue -- if you read the original script for Han and Leia's parting in Empire, it was pretty corny until Ford took an axe to it and made it the genius it was.

As for bad acting -- all I can say is, Carrie Fisher was stoned out of her mind for Empire.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and I absolutely LOVED all 5 of them. The only one I had a real problem with was the Return of the Jedi where those Ewok things made me wanna puke. Luckily, when he redid the movie for DVD he cut out the whole "Yub yub," singing stuff and alot of their screen time so it made it much more palatable. The REASON that there is a kid in there (Anakin Skywalker) was because he turns into Darth Vader in this next movie (not a spoiler, everyone knows that).

So I'm hoping that this one has lots of Natalie Portman naked and covered in some kind of space oil while she writhes and writhes to get away from some kind of space monster which ate all her clothes. But even if that doesn't happen I'm very excited to see Ep 3!!

if you read the original script for Han and Leia's parting in Empire, it was pretty corny until Ford took an axe to it and made it the genius it was.

Yeah, I loved that. Right before they are about to deep freeze him Leah goes, "Han, I love you."

He gives her this really deep and sincere look and says, "I know."

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :LOL:

So I'm hoping that this one has lots of Natalie Portman naked and covered in some kind of space oil while she writhes and writhes to get away from some kind of space monster which ate all her clothes. But even if that doesn't happen I'm very excited to see Ep 3!!

Tragically it's only rate PG-13, not NC-17.

Sharing an announcement of sorts from JMSNews and my thoughts:

I've just seen this on ISN news:

George Lucas confirmed that they are working on two TV series. One will be a half hour 3-D computer animated series and the other is a live action series. The live action series will star some of the characters featured in the movies, though not the main characters. Lucas will kick-off the series himself. They are planning on writing the entire first season and then shooting Season One all at once. He mentioned Lucasfilm is aiming for a production start in about a year.
Didn't JMS mention something like this?

Yep.

Quote:
The plan is to write the whole first season over the course of 2005, shoot in the spring of 2006 for a fall 2006 debut. There are reasons why we'd have to write the whole thing first that will become clear once I can explain what the character is.

This from AICN:

Quote:
He [George Lucas] said that the whole project was probably about 2 years out, but that they wanted to get a full season of scripts written before production would start (like they did on Young Indiana Jones). He also said that the series would take place between Episodes 3 and 4. At a later edition of the 6 minute Sith montage (awesome by the way) Rick commented on the TV show as well, saying that there was a plan for 100 episodes (queue applause).

And my thoughts:

If this does turn out to be the series JMS will co-write and showrun, then I have to say GL is finally making some excellent decisions! No one is better than JMS at tieing together loose ends and connecting elements and threads, which SW needs desperately.

I still reserve my judgement and will not get too excited until the Great Maker confirms. However, if it is the new SW series he's working on, I can fully understand why he 1) couldn't turn it down, 2) decided to take a back seat with TMoS and B5 instead of pushing to make the film elsewhere now (the contacts he could make with this that could massively aid in getting a B5 feature done with a kickass budget down the road are riddled with potential and clout -- didn't he also say something about the person behind this having some serious clout? I mean, if you run a SW series for GL and work closely with him, and that series is a hit, then all he'll have to do is go to GL and Lucasfilm in a couple of years and say, "Hey, George, what about helping me get a B5 feature done?" If the SW series has done wonderfully, GL would most definately be in a mood to back B5.), and 3) JMS didn't seem as upset as we thought he should be that TMoS faltered.

The clues would all point to this being the show. Time and JMS will tell. If it is...then it will guarantee a massive audience for the series, between SW and B5/JMS fandom.

It could be a very exciting time for all.

CE
;)

Cheers for the info!

Nice thoughts, and it would be a dream come true, but I think Lucasfilm is a closed up shop as far as new talent goes, and that Lucas will stick to using Mcallum in a show-runner/ producer role.

AS for what JMS is working on, I guess we will have to wait. i hope he has more luck though, it's well overdue!

Cheers for the info!

Nice thoughts, and it would be a dream come true, but I think Lucasfilm is a closed up shop as far as new talent goes, and that Lucas will stick to using Mcallum in a show-runner/ producer role.

AS for what JMS is working on, I guess we will have to wait. i hope he has more luck though, it's well overdue!

I'm not saying that this is factual info, I'm only relaying what I've heard and putting certain pieces together (the fact that Lucas and JMS both use almost the exact same wording about the series indicates at the least some possibility that it is beyond coincidence).

As for Lucas having a closed shop...don't know where the hell you got that one from. It is simply not true.

CE

That would be some coincidence if Lucas' and JMS' series's were two different things. From what I've read here it sure seems as if JMS will be working on the Star Wars series. I like the idea of writing the entire season all at once, but I am impatient and want to watch it now. :D

The thread started out Trek but has migrated to Wars as different information has come out. If other people alert me to similar confusion regarding this thread, I'll suggest a seperate thread for the Star Wars series possibility.

Thinking about it, I can't imagine there are that many TV shows out there that would write a whole season for a year and then shoot.

So who knows?

With regards to Lucasfilm, I am only going on my knowledge of most of the Young Indy crew going onto make the prequels, Mcallum in particular..

It would be too cool. And this board would suddenly become inundated by Star Wars geeks, and we'd all have to que up in line to watch TV...

:p

Edit:

he mentioned this about it, back in October...

I think it'd be a great idea, it would certainly be the job of a lifetime...I
just don't think the friendly folks at ILM know me well enough to think of me
for this. But if anybody over there reading this wants to put in a good word,
feel free.

http://www.jmsnews.net/msg.aspx?id=1-17198

Maybe someone did...

Why would jms think that ILM are responsible for hiring show runners/writers/exec producers? ILM is just an effects company. Weird.

I think he meant lucas-town in general...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

George Lucas at Celebration III
Star Wars creator George Lucas said the sixth film would be the last
"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

So it looks like no-ones been hired, or at least not oficially...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back