• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS blooper on commentary for Chrysalis

I did inspect ever disk, and my set had no skratches. Maybe because I ordered it later, I don't know.

Anyhow, now that I know the case is not very good, I will be much more careful. It just surprised me. When I watched Barry Lyndon, it was the case that I'd remembered from my video parties with a friend of mine who moved away. Anyhow, I was used to the cases since he got a DVD player years before I did.

It surprised me, that's all.

If, after having watched all of a series, you found out that the show's creator didn't care about the show, wouldn't that make you feel a little silly for having given a damn about it? It would, me.

Shows like this are usually good because the creator DOES care about it. I get the impression that most, if not all, of the team behind B5 really took pride in what they were doing and it shows /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I bet that with TV shows that are not very good, that the people involved take the 'it's just a job' attitude.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif B5 disks slide out, but Buffy Season 2 tapes make you snap them in half to get them out? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[Londo] I do believe that you have it surrounded. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif [/Londo]

I'll post pics as soon as http://www.tripod.lycos.co.uk/ WebFTP rises from the dead. I shot the pics, transferred 'em to my Notebook, cropped 'em, put 'em on a Jaz disk to put in my Desktop PC, and wouldn't you know it, Lycos's WebFTP has no pulse! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

That worked. It's back.

Babylon 5 Season 1 Region 1 Hub - 683KB

Buffy - The Vampire Slayer Season 1 Region 1 Hub - 398KB
(slightly out of focus, sorry)

Buffy - The Vampire Slayer Season 2 Region 1 Hub - 395KB
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Region 1 Hub (oblique angle) - 404KB
See how the "Push" tab only releases the top pin?

Regarding Buffy S2... odd. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I got to that box today, and actually tried taking all the DVDs out. No problem whatsoever, they came out nice and easy while not being loose.

And I'd imagine we have the same type of sets, since I got R1 as well.

I wish I could inform everyone about the B5 region 4 release, and whether the discs are scratched, and how easily the discs come out, but I still have to wait another week!!!!

Arragh!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Well, you'll just have to keep us informed. In a week, you'll know, right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way, there are worse fates than disks slipping out. A slight bit of caution, and voila! No problemo.

Region 4 - Monday, 4th December...

By the way, there are worse fates than disks slipping out. A slight bit of caution, and voila! No problemo.

I've been hanging out in the NC-17 forum way too long - I'm seeing too much into that line... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Men have disks? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wow, is that news to me. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I was going to mention that discs get inserted into drives (some of which are floppy), but I think Joe will pounce on this thread... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Men have disks?

Yes, in our spines.

Oatley - you're obviously talking about computer disks, so you're not in trouble (yet.) If you'd been talking about anything else you would have realized that there is little chance of getting something that's floppy into ... well, never mind. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Ah, I thought you were going for more of a spinal column thing. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gotcha.

And let Joe pounce. We could have some wicked fun with that, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Yes, it has. But in such an entertaining way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back