• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello from a long winded Cap'n Dave

Re: Hello from a long winded Cap\'n Dave

Thanks, B5 Obsessed. It has been awhile since I've seen the film. Wrong guy.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Well soupy, if billy doesn't give you a cookie, I will let you have a free pass to the salad bar. All you can eat, and it's on me!
laugh.gif

P.S. Don't forget that we serve more that just salad. We also have spoo, flarn, buffalo wings, pizza, and a Chinese food buffet among the things we serve. Heck I think we even have cookies too!
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Dylan, when I first came to this messageboard (a week or two ago) it took me an embarressingly long time to work out how to register, let alone get chatting.

Thank you, and Warren, Enid and anyone else I have missed for being so willing to share with us.

I was looking forward to the series when I first heard of it, but since reading what the actors have written, my anticipation has grown and continues to cascade forward in a nuclear like reaction!

Hearing your enthusiasm for the project, and just getting a sense for the kind of people you all are creates that emotional connection I at least NEED to really enjoy something. Thank you all for that.

And Dylan, come to Australia! If you are half as gorgeous as you sound, we Aussie women may never let you leave!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

------------------
We are Grey... We stand between the Candle, and the Star...
Between Darkness, and the Light...

smile.gif
Hi Dylan, Warren, Enid. Great to see you here at B5LR. This site has been a huge supporter from day one and I'm really glad to see you all on-line.

Talk to you all soon,
Sandy

PS I know you all are on pins-and-needles about the upcoming telemovie! Now that SCIFI has taken on Stargate SG-1 for it's sixth season, it would be wonderful to make "Legend of the Rangers" their permanent neighbor in Vancouver.

------------------
Sandra Bruckner
Editor/Publisher
ISN News: The Zocalo Today (www.isnnews.net)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
Well Channe I would certainly describe the film as engaging, with a good amount of action and intrigue. I wouldn't say it is overly cerebral, but knowing JMS, the series would dabble in that territory particularly in light of some issues that are brought up in the movie.

If we succeded, there will be plenty to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

I don't know about the others but I've tried to catch B5 on Sci Fi when I can. I don't want to go overboard until I know the fate of the series.

By the way, the network has just asked if I would do some more interviews for the film. So for those who are worried the network isn't doing anything, I would say remember we've got a long way to go before January.

I know I've been active on the board here the last few days, I've had some free time as of late. Work is picking up though, so I may not be around quite as much, we'll have to see.

Cheers,
Dylan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, Dylan for the info!
smile.gif
Just because of what I've seen fom JMS in B5, I am sure that the Ranger movie will be exciting and keep us all glued to our TV sets. Even if it wasn't exciting, I'd watch it anyhow because I LOVE B5!
smile.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Many thanks to Dylan and the rest of the LOTR cast and crew for taking the time to post. It's fascinating reading and I can't wait to get this new fix of B5, though I've no idea when we will get it here in the UK.
The plot details sound excellent and I'm sure the performances will match the expectation of fans (good off-set chemistry always shows onscreen I think).
Let's hope SCI-FI make the right decision soon.
http://www.backwash.com/content.php?id=28

------------------

[This message has been edited by orac_uk (edited August 21, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by orac_uk (edited August 21, 2001).]

Welcome to the party, cast and crew. B5 fandom is a wild and wacky thing and you'll have fun with us, I promise.

Everyone keeps suggesting that you guys all try to watch B5 and even Crusade, but I know the kinds of time constraints many of you are on. A better source, in my opinion, would be Kathryn Drennan's B5 novel "To Dream in the City of Sorrows". A book being something you can read on a plane, on a train, sitting around a set waiting for your scene to come up, etc. Kathryn is Joe's wife, and her book is really canon to the B5 universe. See the link below for a synopsis.

Oh, and this is just a suggestion, in case any of you want that further info. No pressure to view the series or read the books, we are just pointing out the stuff that might help you research the characters a bit.

Lurker's Guide

------------------
Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Kailin
(Starriders clan)

cool.gif

just a note to add my $0.02 worth! I too have enjoyed reading the casts' reaction to the show and to their first introduction to fandom....

One note, be prepared to get some strange responses when using LOTR outside this medium -- for many, LOTR does not indicate Legend of The Rangers, but Lord of The Rings! and as discussion amongst fans of that genre are heating up in anticipation of the film release, you might find yourself besieged with questions about hobbits and orcs rather than Mimbari and Centauri....

------------------
Carol H. Tucker

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down."
-- Ray Bradbury

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back