• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello from a long winded Cap'n Dave

Re: Hello from a long winded Cap\'n Dave

Sorry for the poor etiquette everyone. I've never participated in a chat room before, so I'm a grateful student.

Computers are not my forte and I won't embarasse myself by telling you how long it took me to figure out how to get on the board in the first place.

No I've never met Peter here on the show, but Andreas told me that he had worked here at some point.

Another interesting coincidence I forgot to mention. Luke Perry and I have the same manager. I find it interesting that we've both been hooked up with JMS at the same time. I mentioned this site, so I think they'll both be checking out what everyone has to say about JMS and "Jeremiah".

Again, sorry for the strain on the eyes.

Cheers,

Dylan

------------------

Captain Dyllie! Enid-Raye here.
nice to hear from you buddy. no one, with the exception of warren, writes as long an entry as you do. i had to cancel an audition just to have time to read your posts. (kidding)

on that note, i am so pleased that you turned down a project to stay with us. no one could run the crew like you. by the by, i saw a promo photo of us, and you and miriam have the bluest eyes i have ever seen. in minbari, my head is the size of a small football field, so i'm wearing a little extra lipstick today just to make up for it!

since everyone is logging on here, i'd like to add my own excitement to the mix. what a thrill to be involved with this amazing group of people. joe, doug and ron are fantastic. they are so good to us and the entire process has been precedent setting in terms of fun jobs to get. i sound like i'm in grade three writing a thank you letter to the nice man who showed us bunnies at our school science fair. (you do the math).

no, dylan is not negative. there is a reason he is our captain - he is realistic and practical and still a bit of a dreamer all at the same time. when one of us is going out for a really great gig, you can see his eyes light up like a christmas tree in anticipation for us. he really is a gem of a guy!

those of us in the 'couve like to get together and hang out when we can. last night, dean and warren joined my sweetie and me for a beautiful play at the vancouver comedy arts festival. (anyone who ever has the chance to see shannon calcutt perform her "izzy" trilogy should jump). then we went out for a drink after (i had cake. i like cake), and you had to practically glue warren to his seat when the server came by listing the cider varieties!
it truly is a blast to work with this group of folks and even more fun to hang out with them.

as for me, i just finished a play here in vancouver for the "actors jam IV" called OUT THE WINDOW, by Neil Bell. what an amazing experience. i worked opposite my sweetie, jason who is one of the finest actors around. i love going back to the stage. there is nothing like it. as some of you may know, there was an impending actors strike which did not go through but slowed things down anyway. so, a bunch of us went back to the theatre and fell in love with the "craft" all over again. yeah, i'm one of "those" actors...

and as warren says, i am nothing like my character. she is very staid and conservative and i am very NOT. i like to get my chats on. i think i took the role for a chance to stop listening to the sound of my own voice. ahh... god i love the cinema...small screen included.

okay, well, i've written exactly as i speak -non stop. i will close by saying, i cannot wait to start lotr again. i miss my crew and the free snacks at the craft service table! please sci-fi, bring us back so i can enjoy a free snack... i love the cocktail shrimps and sausages and such...please, sci-fi... for enie and her appetite?

okay, b5 fans, if that doesn't do it, i don't know what will.

until next time, all my hellos to fans and my pepes from the crew who post...

hugs,
enid-raye
adams

------------------

Nice to see an enthusiastic cast! Makes me wish the movie would air sooner.

And who else here thinks that Enid-Raye's gonna redefine being a "Minbari hottie?"
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Dylan,

I would not worry. My initial postings and questions about the board were pretty laughable. We all appreciate your input.

Enid-Raye,

I was wondering how long did it take for them to apply your makeup? Did you find it annoying?

Frizzell

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

This is amazing. Has anyone ever heard of so many castmembers from a TV or film project coming to a message board before?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:
I know you are all ravenous for inside info on just about anything and everything concerning LOTR and I will certainly do my best to help in that regard - Warren you're such a chicken.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, then can you tell us what the Liandra looks like?
smile.gif

On second thought, if the FX wasn't very far along when you finished filming, then maybe you don't know.

------------------

Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that question. I'd hate to see any of the actors leave because the make-ups to much of a pain. (Enid-Raye or Jennie Hogan, assuming she'll be in the series. I asume female actresses because Caitlin Brown said make-up was harder on female than on male actors) It sucked when Caitlin Brown left B5 (Though the make-up wasn't her only reason) and it'd suck to lose another character because of that. So how's it going in the make-up?

Anyway, I like reading how the cast is enthusiastic about this. Damn it. When does the Rangers movie premiere? I want to see it, already! I really hope Sci-Fi picks the series up fast. Y'all are gonna rock the house!
laugh.gif

------------------
Lochley: You know what you are?

Gideon: Ruggedly handsome?

Lochley: A control freak!

Gideon: Can't I be both?

I only saw some preliminary drawings of the Liandra, not a finished product. I wouldn't even know how to describe what I saw since I don't have a frame of reference from B5 ships and what your expectations might be.

I can just imagine Slade hyperventilating over this topic. Don't worry Slade, I may be a little adventurous but I'm not about to get myself in hot water. I've been there before when I shot my mouth off on another series I had - who knew executive producers could get so scary!?

Cheers,
Dylan

------------------

Well, it looks as though we (cast) are all following in the footsteps of "JMS" and staying in contact with the fans personally!

I know that in most cases or maybe all, it is unheard of for an individual of "JMS's" status to keep his fans so informed through answering emails...all during which he has about a million different things going on in his career! A workoverload...although, I guess it isn't really a workover load, as he (JMS) always gets things done!

Anyways, it is a thrill...Cheers!

-Warren- "Kit"

------------------

A warm welcome to all the actors.
cool.gif

In the old Babylon 5 Magazine JMS said that initially he based the characters on a blank piece of paper but by the fourth episode he was actually hearing the actors voices in his head. It will be interesting to see if the actors interpretation does start appearing in the scripts.
crazy.gif

------------------
Andrew Swallow

I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort Dylan, I too have been in a similar situation. However, I've learned that you can still be a part of the community without having to give away anything.

------------------
Alec McClymont, 3D Artist
3D Artist - GVFX

We live for the one. We die for the one.

This just great
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(full of smiles) having the cast and crew here, openly chatting with us, its just like walking on the set(I have an abundance of imagination
laugh.gif
)and meeting you all personnelly so welcome one and all..
jump.gif

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

I'd love to talk to JMS for just three minutes. Mostly on how he gets those monologues to work dramatically in a medium where most people can't stay for more than three seconds on one scene.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know that your specific question is answered here, but JMS is very generous with answers about writing. Even those he must be hearing for the seven thousandth time between his con appearances and usenet.
shocked.gif

(I know, he answered one of mine, and was kind and encouraging to a complete stranger.)

Many of those answers are compiled on Jeff Kirvin's JMS Page.

In addition, if anyone out there doesn't already know this, JMS is also the author of The Complete Book of Scriptwriting, which is available from Writer's Digest books.

That's more technical about the parts and pieces of the process of getting a script through development into production, and is a good resource for knowing what you're getting into when you think you've got the next Oscar (r) screenplay knocking against the walls of your brain.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatfirellgirl:

no, dylan is not negative. there is a reason he is our captain - he is realistic and practical and still a bit of a dreamer all at the same time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enid-Raye, you've just described the characteristics of roughly 2/3s of the B5 fan base.
smile.gif

We've through hot and cold renewal rumors, and the cancellation of Crusade before it was even aired. We're collecting spotty video releases, and STILL waiting for the North American release of B5 on DVD.

And many of us are watching the runs of B5 on Sci Fi for the third time through, even as it gathers new fans on every run.

So, we know that it's not a lock, but we've been through this before, and that streak of stubborn optimism just won't give up the ghost.
crazy.gif

Faith does manage, and if our collective will can do anything to tip the scales, count on it. You've fallen in with good company on that point as well as in the production crew.
wink.gif

In the meantime, I've just smuggled in a case of brevari from Centauri Prime (and a mug of cider's waiting for Warren), so I raise my glass with this wish:

May all the Liandra's crew have enough work to stave off boredom and the wolf at every actor's door, but nothing so tempting as to make a premature exit from the Straczyinskiverse necessary.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards, and on my teevee screen.

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Yes, despite all the bad things that have happened with the B5 saga, the fans have never given up their support. This has even inspired me, as a fan. In the late-'80's, I was a huge fan of the ABC series Max Headroom, the one with Edison Carter & Network 23. When the show was prematurely cancelled, I wanted to get it back on the air, but the fanbase, what little there was of it, never really cared enough to help. The B5 fans are everything I wish the Max fans had been. So Rangers actors, you have a pretty special group of fans here! I'm honored to be one of them!

Tammy

------------------

I almost fell outta my chair when I realised the cast was getting involved with fans, such a wonderful thing and have to take my hat off to a great cast for doing so *takes hat off*. I hope you guys do get the go ahead, I'm sure you all did great with the movie. Certainly getting high praise from those who have been able to see an early version. I'm afraid I've only seen the work of Dylan (Presidents man IIRC, I thought you did great in it) and Andreas (B5, communion etc., always a joy). But i'm sure the rest of the cast are more than capable, pretty much guaranteed with JMS's casting ability.
smile.gif

Just two questions, partly answered. Just wondering who's seen all of B5 and if not all of it seen, are you trying inbetween now and the confirmation to see it all? Second question is; What do you like most about your characters? Thanks if you can get around to answering.

Anyway, just wanted to say my little welcome and thanks.

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitestar90:
This just great
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(full of smiles) having the cast and crew here, openly chatting with us, its just like walking on the set(I have an abundance of imagination
laugh.gif
)and meeting you all personnelly so welcome one and all..
jump.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you do that, whitestar90? You created a web page for the bouncing smiley faces?

Amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed!
cool.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
How did you do that, whitestar90? You created a web page for the bouncing smiley faces?

Amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed!
cool.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://mysmilies.com/ - Every kinda smile you'll ever need and all for the small price of your soul.
sasmokin.gif
laugh.gif
(just kidding of course)

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

I must say... I haven't heard of a show where more people involved with said show interacted with the fans this much.

I also love hearing about a show that comes together as well as this seems to have. I work in community theater at times, and the shows where the cast and crew clicked were the shows that succeeded.

We really appreciate it.

CAST-

Can you tell us, cast, one thing? What do you think of the story of the movie? Don't tell us spoilers, or anything that might get you in trouble with a mad executive producer. Honestly, the story itself, is it engaging? Idiotic? Fantastic? Action-filled? Cerebral?

I'm hoping it's a bit cerebral. We B5 fans expect that.

I'm wishing for a B5LR series. Just so I can annoy my apartmentmates ("I need the VCR AGAIN!")

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

Members online

No members online now.
Back