• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

great fucking episode man, presumably that is the mid season break, that will lead into probably next year.

Exactly. The question is, how far can you get from Earth and still see those constellations in that manner--or close enough to recognize them?

Exactly. The question is, how far can you get from Earth and still see those constellations in that manner--or close enough to recognize them?

If 3 or 4 stars can be recognised and given the know locations of the colonies they should be able to triangulate back to the location of Earth.

Guys that they did not reach Earth , that planet where it was , could not be Earth, Remember the Prophecy which stated that Laura Roslyn would not live to see Earth, Well they found the planet and she is very much alive she should not be. I think it this ties in with the prophecy regarding Kara Thrace, that she would lead then to their end or destruction, She lead then to this planet, her ship.

To quote Yoda...

"A prophecy that misread could have been."

The prophecy didn't mention anyone by name... prophecies rarely do. Just because Roslyn is a likely candidate does not mean she is the person to whom the prophecy refers... it just said dying leader.

For all we know, it could actually be referring to the final cylon model who is desperately craving redemption according to the hybrid talk.

... because if I recall correctly it didn't say a dying human leader either.

So at last I'm caught up... just in time for the midseason break.

Constellations don't change immensely -- the zodiac would not be significantly altered to anyone standing on Mars -- but they do change a bit. So the question is, how accurate was Gaeta's analysis of the constellations?

Personally, I think it is Earth. Practically the very first thing on BSG was a discussion of human nature, with Adama's speech about deserving to survive. And in this last ep. we have Lee's belief that "it doesn't have to happen again." Compare that to Roslin's opinion, earlier in this season, that Lee refuses to see reality. I think the conditions on Earth -- aftermath of nuclear war, or so it seems -- is going to force our intrepid heroes to confront their own nature. CAN they keep it from happening again? I also expect we'll get an episode where they somehow unearth Earth's history (heh, I made a funny) and there will be a Moral Lesson for us in it.

Oh, and my hat's off to that long pan to end the ep. I'm a sucker for the long shot.

Personally I think they should all trek back to Kobol. Looks like a nicer place at this point, and after all, that's where the Opera House in the shared vision is. Of course, they'd have to deal with the Cavil-led Cylons, but assuming that's dealt with, they can start the cycle all over again!

I guess what I don't get is that if half the cylons are working with the humans now, why not band together and reclaim the 12 colonies? or Kobol? No resurrection ship means the cylons are at a serious disadvantage now. They surely have the coordinates back to home and we saw that a good portion of Caprica was inhabitable when Anders was there w/his group of rebel civilians.

I'm not even entertaining the possibility that this isn't "our" Earth. To use the word "earth" and have it actually be a different planet would be the cheapest, lamest hack cop-out plot device imaginable.

But I think the whole "Earth is in ruins because of nuclear war, we're standing on Long Island" is way too Planet of the Apes.

If it was Long Island, it was a distant-future Long Island where much of Brooklyn was demolished to make way for the Temple of Aurora.

Im not convinced that it his really Earth, storywise it seems just a tad to convenient. The telemetry from kara viper just seems a trifle to good to be true, Remember what Hybrids on both Cylons ships said the old man and the woman, That Kara Thrace would lead them to their destruction? I think that this planet is not Earth and its some kind of trap maybe by the other faction of the Cylons for all we know, again Laura Roslyn was not destined to set foot on Earth, yet here she is, something just does not add up here, the ruins may look like the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan but that does not mean that they necessarily are. There's an colomn on the Syfy portal posted today that you might want to check out regarding Galactica and the Adam and Eve legend, you might find it of interest.

Last edited:
Garovorkin said:
...Remember what Hybrids on both Cylons ships said the old man and the woman, That Kara Thrace would lead them to their destruction?...

I remember the hybrid saying "you will lead them to their destruction, Kara Thrace" (or whatever specific word that means destruction that it used). But here's a question: who is "them"? "Them" isn't necessarily the humans.

...again Laura Roslyn was not destined to set foot on Earth, yet here she is....

As someone else upthread, I think, said, the prophecy was that a dying leader would get them to Earth but never see it themselves. We, and the characters in the show, have all assumed it was Roslin since she had cancer, but the prophecy never explicitly referenced Roslin. Who knows, the referenced dying leader could be the one who provided Kara with that viper.

In almost any drama with a prophecy, the adventure is not to see how the prophecy is fulfilled, but how it turns out the prophecy should have been interpreted.

And if I'm wrong, may I kill my father and sleep with my mother.

Okay Vacantlook, then who might fit, if you had to take a guess, Adama? perhaps maybe he has health issues or long term complications from his near death at the hands of Boomer,Of course with all he's been through maybe he's dying inside. Who is dying? . With regard to the Planet, I'm simply not sold on the idea that that is Earth, I expected them to find Earth at far later time then this, towards the last 3 o 4 episodes, somehow this discovery happened to early and a little to conveniently for my taste. But hey I could be wrong , maybe this is Earth.

Last edited:
Did the prophecy specifically spell out that the dying leader would not see Earth, or just not see their new home? Because I'm beginning to think that humanity will end the series not on Earth, but back on Kobol where it all began.

Actually, in Razor, this is what the hybrid said:

The Hybrid (grabs Kendra Shaw's hand): Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end.

So, I'm thinking yeah . . . human race. I think Garo's onto something. I like the theory. But, I will say that this idea of his just begged for a little humor:

GenAkbar-Trap.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back