• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

The Sopranos ending is not something to be proud of, imho. But, to each their own. I hope he doesn't ruin the show for 99% of the fans just to have a "controversial" and lame ending that will get media attention and be made fun of on news/entertainment programs.

That would be funny wouldn't it? After 4 years of this show, and all its critical acclaim, the last scene in the 3 hour series finale is Baltar waking up disoriented with a half-empty bottle of booze and some coke on his night stand, and an Asian hooker in his bed, and saying the words "Man, that was one fucked up dream! That's the last time I try to barter down my coke dealer"

Just one big middle finger to the fans. Very Star Trek esque, from the Berman era though, right?

Koshfan things getting cut of with no satisfactory conclusion, No thanks I'm still steamed about the Sopranos ending. After everything that Tony Soprano did and that's that the series payoff? Please, for me it really wasn't worth the trip.

I wonder if they will wrap up in such a way as to deliberately leave room for a big budget movie? A tactic purely inspired to milk that cash cow totally dry.

Don't worry, KF, I got the sarcasm. ;)

Ron Moore has a reputation of having some integrity- leaving the series off in a way that begs for a movie would be pretty classless.

A movies unlikely anyways because Glen Larson still owns the movie rights to any glactica feature film, I get the sense that he would not be inclined to allow a movie based on Ron Moore's version of Galactica

Koshfan things getting cut of with no satisfactory conclusion, No thanks I'm still steamed about the Sopranos ending. After everything that Tony Soprano did and that's that the series payoff? Please, for me it really wasn't worth the trip.

Dude, on a serious note, why so bitter about the ending? Tony got whacked. What else do you really need to know? Its just HOW they chose to show it.

Dude, on a serious note, why so bitter about the ending? Tony got whacked. What else do you really need to know? Its just HOW they chose to show it.

At the risk of super-OT thread tangenting: I don't think it's so obvious he was killed.

No obvious, but from a story-telling and foreshadowing standpoint, I think it is clear that was the intent.

And as far as the face down in a pool of blood comment, that is what a "no frills" ending would be. The reason the Sopranos was so raved about (even by RDM) was that it WASN'T done so clearly, and it left the viewer to ultimately decide. While there was good intent, it COULD be interpreted differently (if the viewers chose to do so). And from reading the "baltar" interview, we might get stuck with one of those endings where the viewer has to decide how things turned out.

By and large, I don't like those.

I think we have gotten a little of topic on this one. I think ending wise deep down we expect the worst. That everything may come to naught for our intrepid band of Colonials and Cylons. I have not proof of this of course, At the very least we want a conclusion that satisfies.

I have a hard time believing that Moore would frack this up. After episodes like Exodus part 2 where the colonials kicked so much ass that you freaked out and got a big (girl or boy) boner, I cannot accept that it would just end with a whimper. I mean, what would the point be in torturing so many characters, blowing shit up and so forth?

Ever watch the movie the 12 monkeys ? With is bleak circular ending? . Thats how I envision Galatica ending. A further note on Terry Gilliam he is a profound pessimist on the human condition and he gleefully loves to share that with audiences, he doesn't care whether the audience likes what he has to say,which is one of the reasons that nobody wants watch his films anymore.His films even the funny ones are very cruel .The problem I see here is that if Moore may take the same attitude and gives us a bleak ending because it suits him. Such an unsatisfactory conclusion to Glactica could have very negative implications for the series Caprica. If you end up alienating your audience, then you've basically failed.

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing that Moore would frack this up. After episodes like Exodus part 2 where the colonials kicked so much ass that you freaked out and got a big (girl or boy) boner, I cannot accept that it would just end with a whimper. I mean, what would the point be in torturing so many characters, blowing shit up and so forth?

Because deep down we're all sadists.

After all, my favorite episodes so far are Pegasus (the "good guys" prove to be not so good) and Unfinished Business, where Lee and Kara literally and metaphorically pound each other to pieces.

David Chase, rather give then a satisfactory ending to the series decided that what the audience wanted did not matter.

Sopranos and BSG aside specifically, it's not a writer or any artist's job to give an audience what they "want." The great ones give you something better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back