• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5: TMOS - What I Don't Want To See...

Re: Babylon 5: TMOS - What I Don\'t Want To See...

>>What I really want to see in TMoS is Byron brought back to life by Jinxo on Babylon 6 exterminating an Ikarran biotech warrior and a Zarg while singing the Telepath song.<<

Sorry for the late reply, but FlipperPA, this was _hilarious_! ROFLMAO! (And, we're apparently neighbors - I'm just a few miles west of Phila.)

Aisling

Now, Ais...I know it was too easy but I simply couldn't resist.

Pax?

Oh, I suppose so. Now if only I could wash that Londo/G'Kar slash-type image out of my head... :p

Aisling

Sorry for the late reply, but FlipperPA, this was _hilarious_! ROFLMAO! (And, we're apparently neighbors - I'm just a few miles west of Phila.)

We have quite a few Bab-5 fans in Philadelphia! You should come join us some night (send me a private message) and watch some Bab with us on the 11' by 9' screen. :D We're in Roxborough.

As for singing the telepath song to annoy people, I do the SAME exact thing and watch them cringe.

-Tim

That telepath song is straight from the devil. Every time I hear it, I want to stab my eyes out.

Controversy warning!

I thought it was quite touching, especially when they started singing it just before they blew themselves up.

What I really want to see in TMoS is Byron brought back to life by Jinxo on Babylon 6 exterminating an Ikarran biotech warrior and a Zarg while singing the Telepath song.

Nice job! An excellent return to the original tone of this thread. :LOL:

As for the type of movie I WOULD like to see regarding TMoS, I'd look at Star Trek VI. If those of you unfamiliar with this flick get a chance, try and check it out. It touches on interspecies diplomacy and allows for a showcase of number of characters. I'm not saying rip off Star Trek VI, but it's the closest thing to Babylon 5's feel that I've seen from a theatrical release that doesn't rely on huge backstory.

If in-depth backstory isn't a problem for the studio then I'm partial to B5's own "In The Beginning" as a sort of template.

Andrew,

This is off-topic, but asked if JMS were possibly in Cannes, France. Actually, JMS would almost certainly not attend such an event. Being a television guy without a project showing at Cannes or any other film festival, he almost certainly wouldn't attend such gatherings unless he happened to be in the area.

I was involved in a film shown at Cannes and the vast majority of industry people who attend have projects being screened or are studio reps seeking distribution deals. Such events can really be a hassle for even middle-calibur celebrities since the whole scene is quite expensive for those without a studio picking up the bill and the public and media are on the celebrity hunt so it's hard for the famous to avoid crowds swarming toward them. The logic for many is to just spend time with your family or take a break from the "biz"?

I would imagine JMS, with his busy writing schedule and his seeming low-key style, probably stays around his home area quite a bit.

{snip}
Andrew,

This is off-topic, but asked if JMS were possibly in Cannes, France. Actually, JMS would almost certainly not attend such an event. Being a television guy without a project showing at Cannes or any other film festival, he almost certainly wouldn't attend such gatherings unless he happened to be in the area.
JMS being in Cannes was a trick question. The only reason he would be there is to announce the Babylon 5 film. Warner Brothers would be paying his expenses. ;)

{snip}
Andrew,

JMS being in Cannes was a trick question. The only reason he would be there is to announce the Babylon 5 film. Warner Brothers would be paying his expenses. ;)

I hope my clumsy first sentence above did not confuse my intention. I wasn't trying to suggest that your mention of Cannes was off-topic, rather my long-winded speculation on JMS and the likelihood of him attending such an event. No offense was intended, if caused.

Again, more off-topic rambling by me :D but I would expect any Babylon 5 movie announcements to be made in California at WB headquarters, or at a science fiction convention. I'm not sure the annoucement of a B5 project would cause the type of excitement outside of the niche audience to justify staging an elaborate announcement. The announcement will probably be handled like most other Warner Brothers announcements, but I'm sure B5 fans the world over will get the message loud and clear. :)

[qoute=JJCoolbean;148372] "The Hand, which I found to be a bit too much like the Shadows.
Frankly, I think a lot of the Babylon 5 movies played it a bit safe (except the epic "In The Beginning") and they were like mediocre episodes of the series."

:p First of all I thought Third Space was a very imaginative movie and showed great potential for the enemies to return in some other grander format. I enjoyed it immensely and other than In The Beginning is my favorite B-5 movie.
Second I thought this Hand may be the beings from 3rd space. (Moderators don't like us offering a idea because then JMS can't use it, for fear of being sued. So I resolve and relinquish any rights to this idea JMS). :)
As for they being simular to the Shadows they consider the Shadows as a ant. No comparison the ships were not theirs but a toy for those who were faithful to them.
You must understand this sets up a great story arc, do not be so quick to shoot Third Space down. All of the movies have there qualities.:D

Last edited:
So sorry tis been dead thread sooooooooo long, I but a humble wayward stranger been gone these past few.... HOLY FRACK!!!! Has it been that long... HMMMMMMMMMM.... So sorry....... Call me the: 'I see a random thread that chissels my craw bandit.' You can qoute me on that I think.

So sorry tis been dead thread sooooooooo long, I but a humble wayward stranger been gone these past few.... HOLY FRACK!!!! Has it been that long... HMMMMMMMMMM.... So sorry....... Call me the: 'I see a random thread that chissels my craw bandit.' You can qoute me on that I think.

Thanks ... if I only knew what the hell it means I'm sure I could use it all over the place.

:D

Thanks ... if I only knew what the hell it means I'm sure I could use it all over the place.

:D
Okay the break down: So sorry tis been dead thread sooooooo long (I.E.- Hey I'm sorry I don't know how to post next to the old thread that is now a dead one.)
I but a humble stranger been gone these past few..... HOLY FRACK!!!! Has it been that long... HMMMMMMMMM.... So sorry..... (I.E.- I'm being sarcastic because I was being laughed at over a long dead thread. So I said basically excuse my interruption I am but a humble stranger who has been away for a long time. Then I pretended to notice the time was awhile and said a cheezy sci-fi sware word without actually swaring. Followed by a apology).
Call me the: 'I see a random thread that chisels my craw bandit.' You can qoute me on that. (That was a attempt at humor for the intellectual. What it is saying is: If it was a goofy thing to say a delayed responce to a old thread then you can call me 'the guy who sees random old threads and responds any time he gets mad and grinds his jaw bandit. The word craw is a old pirate term.

Oh my gods, this thread was sent forward in time through Sector 14 only to be pulled back in time through Sector 14! Or something! :D

Back