• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

So, when do the ratings come in?

Still nothing?

Ok, I watch wrestling (shut up
wink.gif
LOL )
But seriously, it's shown on TNN (The National Network) and they have not only over-night ratings (wrestle event held on Monday, posted on Tuesday) posted at www.wrestleview.com and many other sites, just check, but also have quarter hour break-downs posted two days later (Wednesday)

A Cable channel and yet here we are 4 days later with nothing
crazy.gif
hmmmmmmmmm....

BTW, I hope we do see quarter hour breakdowns (every 15 minutes of viewing) because we would be able to see when, if they did, tune out, or when, if they did, tune in, and how they (viewers) liked the story and if they were "intrigued" or not....

My real question is, why is it that wrestling can do this yet we sit in anticipation?

--------------------------------------
"If you want to make us stronger, attack and we unite."
Adam Mayblum, WTC Survivor

------------------
"Faith Manages"

[This message has been edited by The One Who Was (edited January 23, 2002).]

What about all of us who have received those paper "diaries" from Nielson? Surely those counted for something, didn't they?

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Taking a look at the Zap2it link posted above, the bottom half of the top 15 cable shows last week (ending the 13th) scored 2.1 or 2.2. Scifi is not even on this list so if Rangers gets anywhere near 2.1 I would probably think of it as good news for them.

We can only wait and hope for a leak.

------------------

Small correction to the above.

Those peoplemeter's are used for the overnight ratings, which are only based on major markets and not actually representative of the country as a whole.

The diaries count too. There are 4,000 diaries out there every week and they are meant to record a single week's viewing in a single household. It usually takes a couple weeks for this data to be made. It can take a week or more once the diary is turned in to compile the data from all 4,000 diary households.

------------------

Well, the ratings are definitely in. Here's a brief report highlighting last week's cable ratings on a trade site.
TVinsite ratings article

Kribu's note: edited to make URL shorter.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Kribu (edited January 24, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Ok, I watch wrestling (shut up LOL )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not the only one... if ya smell what the Hair is cookin.
cool.gif

WWF programming typically generates a rating of 4.0-4.5 every week. They've peaked in past months/years at 7 and 8 several times. If Sci-Fi was indeed expecting a 3.0 for LOTR, I think that's very realistic.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
We'll know Tuesday.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Mr. President. We're on thursday already and you've been too quiet.
So, what's cooking?
wink.gif

Almir

------------------

*eye twitching*

I'm gonna shoot myself!!!!

Release the ratings alrdy!!!

------------------
I have carefully selected the following words of wisdom for my signature:
"Gravity, you win again." - Zack Brannigan.
"Real men over-clock their modems!" - Vertigo.
"Death to SIERRA/TNT/XOOM/Fortunecity" - Me.

My bet is that it'll be somewhere in the 2.8-3.0 range ... who knows if that would be enough.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Almir:
Come on Mr. President. We're on thursday already and you've been too quiet.
So, what's cooking?
wink.gif

Almir
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget that our esteemed leader just got two (or was it three?) jobs, temporary I think. He mentioned that he was very glad he pretty much got this site up and running before he had to be away for long periods of time.

My guess is that our beloved Kribu may have been needed to keep B5LR.com going!

I’m just glad Antony is busy for happy reasons. Money-making reasons. So MANY educated people are out of work right now. It’s scary.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
Here's a longer cable ratings article:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get what this tells us. I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Sci-Fi is part of the USA network, isn't it? So USA's numbers a lower than we are hoping for, but I don't see "Rangers" mentioned individually anywhere.

Also, an information bit: Did you know that posting long URL's makes the screen here "go wide" so that we all have to scroll left and right to read anything? That's what the URL code (right next to Spoiler) is for.

Access it, fill out the little form that pops up, and this problem can be avoided.

I'm just lazy, and hate the extra-wide screens we keep getting when someone posts an URL without using the URL box.

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I don't get what this tells us. I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Sci-Fi is part of the USA network, isn't it? So USA's numbers a lower than we are hoping for, but I don't see "Rangers" mentioned individually anywhere.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

USA network and Sci Fi are separate networks. They are owned by the same parent company, but that doesn't mean their ratings are combined.

The fact that this is an article about significant cable ratings from last week and Rangers isn't mentioned was the point of posting the article. I thought it might provide a clue.

Sorry about the URL thing. I didn't know. I don't seem to have the right/left scrolling problem with my monitor.

------------------

Before we see the final ratings, perhaps it would be useful to see what kind of ratings other programming on the Scifi-channel gets.

- The 1st part of the Dune miniseries got a 4.6 (coverage?)rating (Source )

- The premiere of "Invisible Man" was the previous record holder for Scifi with a 2.4 rating. (Source )

- New Farscape episode ratings usually hover around 1.4, but has gone as high as 1.9 (Season 3 premiere) or as low as 1.0. (Source )

Does anyone know about other SciFi programming? (like B5 and Farscape reruns)

------------------
- Lars

[This message has been edited by Hyperspace (edited January 24, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
Sorry about the URL thing. I didn't know. I don't seem to have the right/left scrolling problem with my monitor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hypatia is right - long URLs make it a problem with anyone with, say, 800x600 resolution, as they lead to horizontal scrolling.

I suppose I could try and edit them myself...
laugh.gif

Since I haven't actually got a job description yet, I'm not even sure what my purpose here is.
lol.gif

As for the ratings... could it be possible though that they don't actually take SciFi's ratings into account, i.e. they only compare a certain amount of previously chosen channels/networks? Since it's just too hard to believe that after all that advertising, Rangers wouldn't even have pulled off a 2.1!

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

USA network and Sci Fi are separate networks. They are owned by the same parent company, but that doesn't mean their ratings are combined.

The fact that this is an article about significant cable ratings from last week and Rangers isn't mentioned was the point of posting the article. I thought it might provide a clue.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I see. Yes, if "Rangers" had topped the scales, like "Dune" we'd probably have heard about it. Still, maybe it did quite well for Sci-Fi. (What really worries me most is that the "Invisible Man" series was cancelled recently. I thought that, for Sci-Fi, it was relatively well-rated.

You can correct the URL thing if type in the commands manually around the URL you have typed in before. null

No, that's not quite right, but anyhow it is a common mistake. And with your URL I only had to scroll over a little bit, and could see the whole line at once (to read the text, I mean).

What's really annoying is when the URL is placed so that you have to constantly scroll left and right just to read one lousy sentence.

I'll do the URL thing for you now:
URL for B5LR.com

It's probably too short an URL to demonstrate. But if you hit "reply with quote" you can see the code.

Anyhow, I mentioned it mostly for future reference. As I said, I hate the extra-wide screens!
frown.gif

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

It looked like that article was taking into account the ENTIRE networks ratings for the week. So the fact that Sci-Fi wasnt mentioned isnt suprising to me since there is a lot of crap on there that people don't watch, so the overall week rating for Sci-Fi was probably quite low (at least lower than the rest)

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
(What really worries me most is that the "Invisible Man" series was cancelled recently. I thought that, for Sci-Fi, it was relatively well-rated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Invisible Man" debuted well, but its ratings seemed to fade last Summer. Of the six series that SciFi had on, it was rarely making the top 3 anymore. I think cost was also a factor.

Generally, cheapo series can stay on air with lower ratings than more expensive ones.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by SavantB5:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not encouraging, at all. I think i'll start lowering my expectations now, so that i'm not too dissapointed when we don't get a series. Thing are NOT looking good.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
"I walk, i shop, i sneeze. I'll be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out ... and i don't sleep on a bed of bones."

Ya the fact we didn't get any info was bad enough but now I don't think I want to know the results

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back