• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Zootys voice machine & the Apocalypse Box

Cern

Regular
could they be related?

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

"You know, I was really hoping to talk to Zooty, you know, without the machine."
"Yeah. He never breaks character, not even around me. In 10 years, I've only heard him say one word without the machine."
"Oh. Oh. What's the word?"
"Why."
"Oh, just curious."
"No, no. that was the word: 'Why'. In 10 years I haven't figured it out myself."

-- Sheridan and Rebo in Babylon 5:"Day of the Dead"

"What did he say?"
"'Because it tells me to.'"

-- G'Kar and Sheridan in Babylon 5:"Day of the Dead"

------------------

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

Call us and buy a brand new model of Zooty's Machine:

The Apocalypse Box!!!! It's bigger, it's better and it's absolutely evil!!

Only 999.99 dollars. Batteries not included.

laugh.gif

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

The comedian's voice machine was thrown into the episode as a special consideration for Pen & Teller. The short one doesn't ever talk in real life.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Pehapse zooty's box was an early prototype of the apocalypse box. They tried to make an evil froboding box but instead got a ox that makes goofy noices and says zot all the time
shocked.gif

------------------
Scott Gifford

Please pardon the spelling errors, grammer errors and various sarcastic overtures

I've heard Teller talk once. On the Craig Kilborne show, he was doing the 5 questions, and the final ? was "Teller...SAY SOMETHING!!!"

he responded "F*** you, Kilborne!"

------------------

Pen & Teller also did a guest voice appearance on the Simpsons. The animated Teller actually talks, but I'm not sure if it was the real Teller talking. I know it was the real Pen.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Teller speaks perfectly clearly. It is just his act to stay silent. (Think about it for a minute: how could you compete with the loud, booming stage voice of Penn's? By being the exact opposite, of course!
laugh.gif
)

Teller was being interviewed about (guess what?) magic. Just like good old Harpo Marx, Teller just plays mute for the act.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

[This message has been edited by hypatia (edited October 31, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Just like good old Harpo Marx, Teller just plays mute for the act. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe there is an incident related in Harpo's Biography where he was checking into a hotel somewhere and the management threatened to have him arrested for impersonating himself.
shocked.gif

They couldn't believe that he would adopt such a persona, so they thought he was an imposter.
Because they "KNEW" that Harpo was a Mute.

He finally convinced them by opening his luggage, changing into his "Harpo" clothes and doing five minutes of the Harpo routine in the hotel lobby.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheInfection:
It's bigger, it's better and it's absolutely evil!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do we know Zootys machine is "good?" For 10 years, it hasn't let Zooty say anything "because it tells me to"

crazy.gif

------------------

Back