• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Zathras on Crusade?

WarpPig

Sorry if this has been done already, but...
I seem to remember before Crusade started filming, when it was just a 'concept', JMS listed the crew of the Excalibur, or the major cast of the show. In that list I recall Zathras was mentioned, as well as a Minbari warrior?
Am I right? Can anyone confirm this, or explain the change? Perhaps they would have been introduced later. BTW, does Gideon even know that the Great machine exists, if so, why no visit? Surely Draal could give him a few pointers!

WarpPig

------------------

I, too, remember hearing that Zathras was supposed to be in Crusade, but only as a rumor, not from an official source. I've kind of assumed that people saw the actor's name in something and assumed he'd be playing Zathras, which he didn't - he played one of the aliens in...bugger, can't remember the episode. The one on B5, the aliens with the "Most Holy" thing? Anyway, the actor who played Zathras was one of them.

------------------
Just a moment!...my muse is speaking to me...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenavira:
he played one of the aliens in...bugger, can't remember the episode. The one on B5, the aliens with the "Most Holy" thing? Anyway, the actor who played Zathras was one of them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rules of the Game, I think.

I also remember speculation along the lines of Lyta being in the main cast. As it turned out, Lyta was originally planned to make a guest appearance in The Path of Sorrows.

------------------
"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
Dan Quayle

Yeah, Lyta was supposed to be in Matheson's flashback of a woman telepath dying. He was supposed to remember Lyta's death, thus telling us about her final fate. She couldn't do it, but JMS has said that Lyta's dead, so she couldn't have been on Crusade regularly.

God, Zathras as a major character <shudder>

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Yes, yes, yes. Zathras was being busy persuing other hollywoodish persuits. 'Twas very sad; yes, very sad indeed. Zathras was being up for the lead in several bigly named movies, but alas, Stephen Spielberg was not returning Zathras' tachion enhanced phone calls. Perhaps it is the smellings of my coon jacket that are being offensive. Anyway, Zathras was being very busy and not being very able to be on the Crusadings. That, and Zathras' being stuck a thousand years in the past would be making the commute a pain in Zathras' butt. Perhaps Zathras or Zathras would have been helping in the crusadings.

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

God, Zathras as a major character <shudder>

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I got the impression he was supposed to be the ship's engineer or something. Let's face it, he probably wouldn't make a great doctor....

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jenavira:
I, too, remember hearing that Zathras was supposed to be in Crusade, but only as a rumor, not from an official source. I've kind of assumed that people saw the actor's name in something and assumed he'd be playing Zathras, which he didn't - he played one of the aliens in...bugger, can't remember the episode. The one on B5, the aliens with the "Most Holy" thing? Anyway, the actor who played Zathras was one of them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zathras was in Lorkan 7, where the followers of the Most Holy tried to kill off Gideon and Lochley.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zathras:
Yes, yes, yes. Zathras was being busy persuing other hollywoodish persuits. 'Twas very sad; yes, very sad indeed. Zathras was being up for the lead in several bigly named movies, but alas, Stephen Spielberg was not returning Zathras' tachion enhanced phone calls. Perhaps it is the smellings of my coon jacket that are being offensive. Anyway, Zathras was being very busy and not being very able to be on the Crusadings. That, and Zathras' being stuck a thousand years in the past would be making the commute a pain in Zathras' butt. Perhaps Zathras or Zathras would have been helping in the crusadings.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you so much. I never laughed so hard in my life. I love Zathras. What a character. How he could deliver those lines like that, whole and intact, was flat out amazing to the talents of the actor playing the part.

The Lorkan 7 guy was quite different.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back