• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Will not keep me logged in

Relight

I checked off the "remember me each visit" or whatever box, and i have cookies enabled, and i have no filter devices blocking stuff, but eveytime i leave (i just close browser window and don't log off), and come back i have to login each time. pretty annoying. thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yeah, what Kribu said. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's a mystery to me so far... you've covered all points.

Can you put your browser to prompt you when a cookie is set? That way, we can see if the board is at least setting one.

If you don't know how, shout.

I thought it would be under Tools/options/advanced settings, although it's not, so could you point me towards it?

by the way also, i don't have login remember problems on other bulliten boards of various kinds.

Tools, options, security... I think it's under there on v5.

BTW, on a separate note, v5 is quite old now, and isn't completly security-hole proof. You may want to think of upgrading, even if to 5.5.

Hey Antony, that whole red folder thingy is messing up for me again. After about 10 posts, they don't turn back to yellow. So, I have to log out and back in frequently. Any ideas?

Other than logging out then back in again, no....

I doubt it's the database server, as more people would be affected it if was. But then again, I don't have a clue what could stop it working.

The "remember me on each visit" isn't working for me either and I've checked all the same things Relight has.

Huh, I thought it was just me. It has never worked for me but I thought it was because I used Mozilla (version 1.0.1). /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Using IE 6.0 at home and Mozilla 1.0.0 at work, no problems either here or there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Except that sometimes - seldom, but it has happened - I get logged out in the middle of reading a thread or something, like when I'm in a forum only visible to members, and want to return to it after reading the thread, it doesn't let me in there... and I notice I've been logged out.

But as I said, this has only happened a couple of times within the last few months.

One thing to try might be to complete empty your cache and cookies folder, those who can't stay logged in. You may have a corrupted cookie, and that way it can reset it *grasping at straws*

Other than logging out then back in again, no....

I doubt it's the database server, as more people would be affected it if was. But then again, I don't have a clue what could stop it working.
Well, it was doing really good, but then today when I first logged in, it did it as soon as I posted!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back