• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

why not....

A series of telemovies instead of a series? do maybe 5 a year or so. SciFi didnt say it didnt want nothing to do Rangers just not a series (in fact it didnt really say that but the subtext lets us know) Their always making tv movies, one airs almost weekly so why not more rangers tv movies? Thats the way the V series should have been anywho, could work.

I think that would be pretty cool. I'd rather have a series, but beggars cant be choosers and all...

BTW, what is the criteria for a series being picked up with a Pilot episode or not? i mean, Invisible Man, Farscape, hell, most of Sci Fi's original programming didnt have a pilot movie. I am guessing its a matter of finances as usual. A show like Rangers would be more expensinve than I-Man...

Cern, I'd just like to say that I think your signature quote is hilarious! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I think we have forgotten that even for a mini-series for Rangers there would have to be a network wanting a mini-series for Rangers. I just don't think there is one. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

A good idea. What I'd love to see is a mini-series that brings the Crusade storyline to a close. It probably won't happen, but I can dream. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

But, like hypatia said, you have to have a network willing to pay for them.

the thing is i think there is a network willing to do more B5 stuff, they wanted it for so long and i think want to do more. but with that crappy rating system they couldnt get advertisers they wanted. With tv movies they could do a series without committing large sums of money.

Ok, so it wasn't picked up by the SFC. I still hope that Rangers will be continued... sooner or later - I don't care
There was a gap between The Gathering and the B5 series and I'm not giving up yet - unless it's going to take several years.
In the mean time I'll continue to dream of a Rangers-serie /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Rashenn

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back