• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WHV DVD Chat (Tues April 22)

A question asked during the WHV chat:

Given the stronger-than-expected DVD sales for Babylon 5 Season 1 (and most likely Season 2), how is the release schedule for Seasons 3-5 shaping up? Thanks.

Warners' Response:
All are on the way

So, pretty much what we already knew. It's good to know that all the seasons on the schedule though.

It's too bad they didn't comment on *when* they were being released. That was the main point of the question. I guess we'll just have to stick with the rumours for now. :(

Yeah, the WHV reps are pretty good at completely missing the point of a question. I still haven't figured out if this is their way of ducking questions they don't want to answer, or if they're really that dim. There's a fair amount of evidence to support either possibility. :)

At least this tells us that seasons 3, 4, and 5 are all greenlit, which means they won't have to wait for sales figures (or ever preorder numbers) for 3 before they start work on 4. And whether or not this results in a speed of the release schedule, it tells us for the first time that they will definitely be releasing all 5 seasons. I've been confident all along that they would, but this is official confirmation. Unfortunately I had to miss the chat. I really wanted to ask about the remaining TV movies, the chances of an SE re-release for ItB and TG, Crusade and what the deal is with the "gag reel" that is listed on one WB promo page but not the other. Since a promotional e-mail that I got from WHV today also lists "gag reel" among the extra features, I'd really like to know what this is, and if it will really be on the S2 set. Someone asked JMS about this on the moderated newsgroup, but he just ignored the thread and didn't post a reply. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Joe

Did they say anything about Matrix Reloaded DVD or any other future Matrix DVDs??

I hope that chat transcript will be up at HTF soon. :)

and what the deal is with the "gag reel" that is listed on one WB promo page but not the other. Since a promotional e-mail that I got from WHV today also lists "gag reel" among the extra features, I'd really like to know what this is, and if it will really be on the S2 set. Someone asked JMS about this on the moderated newsgroup, but he just ignored the thread and didn't post a reply. :rolleyes:

Maybe he has been told not to say anything about it, like if Warners wants it to be a surprise or something :) Which i like.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back