• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who's The Boss?

Londonium

Beyond the rim
Who\'s The Boss?

Quick question: Is Delenn still Ranger One at the time of To Live and Die in Starlight?

------------------

Re: Who\'s The Boss?

Yes.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Well yes and no.

Yes Delenn is the leader of the rangers.

No she is not known as ranger one she is known as Entil'za (grr I must remeber how to spell heh).

When Delenn resign's as leader of the rangers many years later Ivanova takes over command and is later known as ranger one.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> No she is not known as ranger one she is known as Entil'za <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't "Ranger One" and "Entil'za" mean the same thing? Sinclair was refered to by both names.
I thought Entil'za was just the Minbari word for ranger one
------------------

[This message has been edited by Londonium (edited December 29, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Londonium:
I thought Entil'za was just the Minbari word for ranger one<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Minbari word for Ranger One was Anla'Shok'Na or something like that.

While Entil'Zha is also Ranger One, not all of those who make it to Ranger One (or Anla'Shok'Na) are Entil'Zha. IIRC this title - Entil'Zha, that is - was only reserved for those who Zathras referred to as "the One" - i.e. Valen in the 13th century; Sinclair, Delenn and Sheridan in the 23rd century.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Yes I believe Kribu is correct. Anla'Shok'Na is a different title from that of Entil'Zha. Anla'Shok'Na is just the title given to Ranger One. Entil'Zha is a title given to anyone of great importance in Minbari society. This person doesn't have to be head of the Rangers, but it's likely that whoever is Ranger One is also Entil'Zha.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

An'la'shok'na was the tittle of Ranger One. En'til'za was a tittle of 'the one'. In other words, Kribu is right. It's all in To Dream in the City of Sorrows.

------------------
Faith Manages

Ranger One is a lower title.

There have been plenty of Ranger Ones but Delenn is only the second or third, depending on how you count certain indvidual/s, Entil'zha(one who creates or shapes the future I believe). Entil'zha encompasses all the elements of Anlashok'na(sp?) but also involves more.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

You're right.
The Minbari word for Rangers is Anla'Shok.
Ranger One is, therefore Anla'Shok'Na. Na being One.

Entil'Zha is a Minbari word meaning "The one who shapes the future".

I've never seen any CANON reference ever that assigned the title to anyone other than the Three who are The One.

Valen, Sheridan, Delenn.

It may have been used for other Minbari Before Valen but, given the reverence they gave him, I doubt they ever used it for anyone After him.

Until Delenn.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Back