• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who is your favorite Technomage? (spoilers)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> In Invoking Darkness I remember hearing of another older Centauri Techno-mage. Maybe he initionated after Carvin and was already somewhat old. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently I heard wrong, there is another Centauri mage as you stated, Chiatto. (Invoking Darkness, page 65) Chiatto is stated to be a few years older than Galen.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Hmm.. How do I pick just one?

Kane - I liked him and I thought he had a lot of potential and a rather sardonic sense of humor that I'm quite fond of. I was saddened by his death.

Carvin was also so full of life and cheerful. I really liked her a lot, she seemed quite talented, too, and quite brave.. another sad loss.

Elric, for reasons others have listed, and I thought that MIchael Ansara did an excellent job of portraying him onscreen.

I did like Elizar, as much as I've ever liked any villan. He's right up there with Morden and Bester for me... IMHO, JMS has created the most belivable and best "evil" characters around. They're not just all bad, there's a lot of shades of grey there in each of them, and it's nice to see that.

A note on characters dieing: I hate to see the characters taht I love die as much as anyone else, but when it does, it really does something for the story. It adds a real element of realism and believability to it, because they're not just "all powerful" and it's interesting to see the effects that it has on other characters and really adds depth to them and to the story. How much more 2-dimensional would Galen have been without Elric or Isabell's death?

Of course, Galen will always be a favourite. Peter Woodward is also one of my favourite actors, so....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back