• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Who is Justin?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

There has been a question on my mind for the past few days. After just watching Zhahadum air on Sci-fi and getting through the third techno mage novel, I was wondering who is the infamous Justin? It seems that he's more than just some shadow lackey, but if there were any hints to who, I haven't been able to pick up on it. Anyone else catch anything I miss?

------------------
"I'm Russian, we can't tell short stories" -JMS

He is the man in between. Sheridans equal and opposite.

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from Kier Darby @ vBulletin infidel_dog@rangerone.b5lr.com

I was never sure of who Justin was and how he ended up on Z'Ha'dum. There isn't any information given on just who he was and how he got there, and that has always baffled me.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Who was Justin?

Did you think the Shadows only had Morden working for them?
It takes a Lot of help to kick over every anthill in the galaxy.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

"The man in the middle is searching for you." -Garabaldi in Sheridan's dream. ("All Alone in the Night")

"Think of me as a sort of middleman. And the name is Justin." -Justin to Sheridan on Z'Ha'Dum ("Z'Ha'Dum")

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

All we know about Justin is in the short explanation he gave to Sheridan, anything else is just surmise. Even the phrase "your opposite and equal" is what Delenn says when Sheridan tells her of his dream.

However he could have been one of the people on the Icarus but we are never told that. Also we know the Shadows are in contact with Earth by that time so there has to be an agent or go-between.

I think JMS expects us to just figure it out for ourselves from the clues he has planted.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I think he is higher up than Morden and the other shadow allies, he is a mediator between the shadows and allies or potential allies...

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

I got the feeling that Justin had been working for the Shadows a lot Longer than Morden.

And that he was more of a high level bureaucratic mole where Morden was a dealmaker.

IOW, I think Justin has been sitting in an office somewhere on Earth for years, quietly nudging things in the direction the Shadows want Earth to go.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Who knows, maybe the "Book of Justin" will be thenext B5 novel we get (that is, if we do indeed get more original B5 novels...).

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Mondo Londo,

I'd be really interested in reading that.

I get the "man in the middle" reference but I never got a clear picture as to what Justin did before he worked for the Shadows. The Techo-Mage Trilogy gave him more life than what he saw in the series, but it was still pretty vague.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Yeah, so would I.
cool.gif

It also makes sense because a Justin story would really fit into the JMS "wheels within wheels" style.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

i had the feeling that Justin was the Shadows version of Sebastion,someone they unthaw every couple centuries when they need him.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cern:
i had the feeling that Justin was the Shadows version of Sebastion,someone they unthaw every couple centuries when they need him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting theory except that we are told they have just woken up after the war 1000 years ago. To have such a modern human on their payroll he couldn't have been around very long. We are never told exactly when the Shadows make contact with Earth, but it couldn't have been before one of their ships was found on the moon. Otherwise there would be no need to be a locator beacon in it
to find out where it was going. It was as a result of that the Icarus was launched to investigate this unknown world.

My guess is that Morden made contact with the "right people" when he reached Earth and they sent Justin as their representative.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back