• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Whispers in the Night Pt 18

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone caught whining about where this finishes will cause me not to post any more this week
wink.gif

“No arguing Delenn, I am not having an Interstellar incident on my hands from letting you leave early.” The words the doctor was speaking a few doors away filtered slowly into Kiera’s mind. Opening her eyes under her hand, which shielded them from the light, which was extremely bright in her opinion, she blinked a few times. Kiera remembered the explosion, and James holding her steady against the wave of madness that always followed when she missed her drugs, and then… passing out with relief at being found!

Allowing the light to finally get to her eyes, Kiera noticed she had managed to stay on one of the difficult Minbari beds, which they insisted at keeping on a 45-degree angle. The next thing that jolted its way into her consciousness was the soft, tentative link James was keeping with her, clutching her consciousness like a security blanket as he slept. Turning to look at him, Kiera allowed herself a smile. He was asleep in a chair, obviously having been waiting for her to wake up. His face was relaxed, as if keeping a close contact with her mind kept him at ease.

Gently, so as not to disturb him, Kiera took the link in his mind and followed it to his sleeping conscious, careful not to wake him or let him realise this was the real her within his dream.

They were on the bridge of a WhiteStar, and James didn’t even question her presence, as if it was expected. He turned to her and said something in Minbari. Startled, Kiera understood what he said, but didn’t have a clue how to act on the order to enter Hyperspace.

The next instant, James was behind her, his hands on her wrists, guiding her, teaching her how to use the controls, at ease with the intimacy the position gave them.

“Just go with your instincts,” he breathed into her ear. “The ship knows what its doing.”

“It’s alive?” Kiera asked softly, trying not to let the whole dream get on top of her.

“Yes.” James replied, drawing in a deep breath. “I love how you smell…”

Kiera slowly withdrew herself from the dream, slightly shaken. She had guessed that James felt something for her, but nothing like what he had been dreaming. Turning back to him, she watched his eyes flicker open, and realised she had to decide in which direction she was going to take this relationship…

------------------
--Sharenn--
Zathras:
"Zathras... does not remember. But if Zathras remember, Zathras will tell you!"
--
Zathras: "You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool!"
-----
Visit the Whispers In The Night homepage @ http://sharenn.freeservers.com/whispers.html

Am not complaining.....
cool.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

I'm not going to complain...I'm not going to complain...

It was really good! Keep it up, Sharenn!

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Thanks for sharing your story....please continue.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Back