• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Whispers in the Night Pt 17

D

**DONOTDELETE**

As smoke began to ebb away, James could clearly see the control etched into Kiera’s face. His grip on her arm tightened, lending her his strength and tranquillity. Her walls began to fall, allowing him to witness the horrors she had experienced, from the experimentation, the fights, and…

Kiera locked him out of the memory before he had a chance to truly see it, but the fire licked across his nerves as if he himself had been burnt. Kiera was terrified of fire, and the smell of burning as well as the feel of the heat from the flames was adding to her growing sense of panic.

Gently, James eased her mind away from her terror into a mental glade, where the grass was long and smelt sweet, and there was a lake fed by a waterfall, his inner place for meditation. Slowly he allowed her to experience the brush of the breeze, the warmth of the sun, and his arms holding her close, keeping her safe.

Its okay Kiera, you cannot come to any harm here. He brushed her hair gently with his fingers, still keeping a small part of his mind attached to Natheen in hopes of helping her find them quickly.

I let everyone down James. She replied, and he looked into her face to find tears streaming down her cheeks. I tried to find it; to stop what I felt was going to happen. The malice was so strong, so concentrated against them. I have only ever felt such hate against me, for being what I am. Never against someone who’s only crime is to live, love and be loved.

They are a symbol of more than that though. James replied, feeling Natheen come closer. So much more. Many people despise them for forming the Alliance, for daring to contravene Earth, and some simply despise them for being in love and having more than they have. It is a terrible world we live in Kiera. The Rangers seek to educate people that there is more to the world than hate and envy.

Kiera extracted herself from James’s glade as she felt Natheen approach, and slid over to where John cradled Delenn against him, having sheltered her from most of the force of the blast. Carefully, Kiera touched her mind against the growing consciousness of the baby Delenn carried, and allowed relief to flow over her as she felt the strong response. He was fine.

Delenn’s eyes flickered open, and she started, as if to bolt upright. John held her down gently, comforting her without words. Kiera fed waves of comfort into the older woman’s mind, soothing her, assuring her that her precious babe was well.

A few seconds later, voices reached them, and the debris began to move, Natheen’s relieved face soon coming into view. Kiera was tossed a hypo filled with her suppressants, and she quickly applied it to herself, before aiding John in helping Delenn to her feet, James soon following suit.

“Thank Valen, you are all right!” Natheen exclaimed, before summoning the medics. “You are all going to the medical bays. No complaints!” She ordered, seeing the look on James’s face.

------------------
--Sharenn--
Zathras:
"Zathras... does not remember. But if Zathras remember, Zathras will tell you!"
--
Zathras: "You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool!"
-----
Visit the Whispers In The Night homepage @ http://sharenn.freeservers.com/whispers.html

I can't wait to see more, Sharenn!

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Oh, good, everyone's okay!
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Boom today! More story toworrow?!?

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Yeah, something like that Flarn...

------------------
--Sharenn--
Zathras:
"Zathras... does not remember. But if Zathras remember, Zathras will tell you!"
--
Zathras: "You are finite, Zathras is finite, this... is wrong tool!"
-----
Visit the Whispers In The Night homepage @ http://sharenn.freeservers.com/whispers.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back