• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What's JMS up to?

What\'s JMS up to?

I check www.jmsnews.com frequently as the site is supposed to automatically archive any message posted by JMS. Unfortunately, there are only 6 messages from October and only one from November so far.

I know he's got to be killer busy, but he's been busy before and still usually posts at least 10 messages a month. Does anyone know if he's intentionally limiting his presence on the internet for reasons other than being busy?

Either way, does anyone know what hes been up to lately, in case some news has come from somewhere other than his own posts?

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

Re: What\'s JMS up to?

yeah he's definitely very busy with Jeremiah and the comic books that he writes.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

Nothing's the same anymore.
Commander Sinclair - Michael O'Hare

Babylon 5

Yeah, I totally understand all that, and how he does everything he does within the limited confines of the normal space-time continuum I'll never know. It just seems weird to me that he's been swamped before and still managed to crank out a sentence or two here and there.

I know he gets steamed when people give him ideas or fan fiction. I didn't know if maybe somebody did that and honked him off for the last time making him want to take a vacation from talking to the fans.

Whatever the reason, it sucks. I just found out about the site that archives his messages, and now it doesn't matter.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

I imagine that Jeremiah is taking up a lot of his time right now. And B5LR is waiting int he wings, he can't really say much about that. I think his lips are in sealed mode! Or his finger are in sealed mode, or whatever.
smile.gif

------------------
"You're such a gentleman. Too bad I'm not a lady." - Max, Dark Angel

My other girlfriend is a crack whore.

JMS used to post regularly almost every night during the making of B5 and Crusade, then he cut back a lot. Now he only seems to post if he's talking about his work. He hasn't said much about Jeremiah, he mainly comments about the comics.

He really hasn't got anything much to talk about but I'm sure he'll be back when B5LR is finally shown.
smile.gif
Apart from reruns of B5 none of his work is being shown on tv and the comic books have a limited fan base.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

If you look at the whole calendar matrix on JMSNews, you'll notice that it's been a long time since JMS was posting 200+ or even 100+ messages a month. He doesn't currently have a new series on the air, he's hip-deep in production and writing, and there really isn't a lot of news to report. He said many times that his heavy on-line participation prior to and during the production of B5 was in the nature of an experiment, and indicated that he'd cut back once the show wrapped. (And he did. His average post monthly post count during the Crusade period was a fraction of what he did during B5.)

Once Jeremiah is on the air and he's getting regular feedback and questions on the show, I'd expect to see him more active on the newsgroup. But right now he's two months into getting a new show off the ground, he has deadlines for comics and other projects, and he's still working on the Rising Stars feature film. Not to mention any other deals he may have in the works for future projects. I don't think his relative silence points to anything beyond this: very busy schedule, not really a lot to announce or respond to.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Back