• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What is your favorite credits sequence?

TheTriad

Beyond the rim
What is your favorite credits sequence?
Mine would have to be Season 5 because it's just so cool.. What about you?

------------------

It would have to be Season 3, the ominous way that Ivanova says "It failed." Right into that musical sequence that sent a shiver down my spine the first time I heard it. To rank them in order, they would go 4, 1, 5, and 2.

The music of Christopher Franke is great, I have one the CDs that has some of his compositions for various episodes. It thought it was a big mistake that they changed the composer for "A Call To Arms" and "Crusader" to David Chen. That guy never held a candle to Christopher Franke.

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

Season five was good and so was season 3...

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Season 5: The Episode 'The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father'

Yes, it is different than all the other Season 5 episodes.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

trust the corp... trust the corp....
tongue.gif

season 3 is my favorite, as i love that music... but season 5 is close behind, they did a real good job of making it feel like an epic
smile.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Season 5. It brings back fond memories of the other seasons
smile.gif
Not to mention is just simply kicks ass, esp the music

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

I love 3, 4, 5, 1, then 2 but I think it's hard to actually decide as it also is based on the season and how 'fresh' the credits are in my mind.

------------------
'We live for The One, We die for The One, but we don't die stupidly' - David Martel B5LR: TLADIS

5, 3, 4, 1, 2

And so it begins... gives me goose bumps every time I hear it start.

------------------
Never use the expression "I've got your six" to a Centauri, unless, of course, you mean it.

I love that, and I also love the 'We have come to President Clarke under arrest' especially since it is timed with the Agamemnon coming through the flames.

------------------
'We live for The One, We die for The One, but we don't die stupidly' - David Martel B5LR: TLADIS

my favorite part is season 5 the music change over when they show garibaldi tilt his head... i love the look on his face

------------------

Season 5, then season 3,4,2,1 in that order.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I like the video and "talking quotes" of S5 best, as it gives a neat little nutshell of where B5 is at the start of the season. But I like the music of S4 best, and I use the last portion of that theme that TNT used to introduce the show for the "start" sound on my PC's...it's just the perfect length and actually pumps me up to work!
cool.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gandalfbmg:
And so it begins... gives me goose bumps every time I hear it start.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, Season 5 gives me chills because of all the things you get to see from the previous seasons. Season 4 is my second favorite.

------------------
"Ah Mr. Garibaldi have you met my diplomatic staff, just arrived from the homeworld? This is it! Yes Vir, what is it?"- Ambassador Londo Mollari, Midnight on the Firing Line

first may I say what a good topic.

I would agree that s5 credits are the best. The whole 2258-2261 is brilliant, and the music underneath that if you listen to it carefully and ignore the speech... great.

After that I think it would be 1, 2, 4, 3. s1 always gets in there for the nostalgia as well as everything else.

Oh, and you know how they re-recorded s2 credits because BB didn't get to see the images at first for "Points", well did they do that with s5 as well because I'm sure G'Kar says "No one here is exactly what he appears" with a little more feeling after about 3 eps?

Crusade credits were pritty poor if you ask me, the writing of the questions in that tacky font just looked cheap.

------------------
"If it isn't then it's not;
and if it is, well then there you are."

Season three is my favorite due to the words 'it failed' and the ensuing music.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> It thought it was a big mistake that they changed the composer for "A Call To Arms" and "Crusader" to David Chen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Evan H. Chen.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
TheInfection said

It's Evan H. Chen.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are absolutely correct. Thanx.

smile.gif

------------------